PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Website for College

craig1709
October 13th, 2007, 08:00 PM
I'm in College (a UK college, not whatever you Americans call Colleges) taking a BTEC National Diploma for IT Practitioners. It covers a lot of things, from web design right down to CPU buses, logic units, etc. Not that we've got to that yet.

Anyway, as I said, it covers web design. So this week we were told to go out and find a client - i.e. a real living person - and get a website out of them. A specification, what they want, the whole nine yards. Except we also have to add certain things in if we want to meet the distinction criteria. So not only do we have to find someone, we have to find a project complex enough for distinction.

I've done two corporate websites already, and I hated it. I want to do something for myself, to a degree. A website about Ubuntu. A PC reseller for example. None of those in my town who don't already have a website and they've never heard of Linux. So I'm going to do that, except for the stipulation above: I need a real live client.

I'd better get to the point: I'd be very much obliged if a member of the community would be this client. It doesn't have to be for real, the website never has to go live, but it does have to be for a real person who provides a specification, responds to queries and draft designs. Failing that, suggestions would also be appreciated, but I just had the brainwave to post a request here...

-Craig1709

hessiess
October 13th, 2007, 08:21 PM
no flash
describes what ubuntu is, how to install it, faq, links page
good video of compez-fution

good enough:)

craig1709
October 13th, 2007, 08:23 PM
no flash
Naturally

good video of compez-fution
Good idea. Thanks!

hessiess
October 13th, 2007, 08:25 PM
i can be your client if you want, im also quite good at blender, if you want eny graphics macking, just provide detailed scetches;)

craig1709
October 13th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Surprisingly, I had an offer within minutes, before even your first reply. I'll let you know how it goes, I really appreciate the offer. Thanks again.

curuxz
October 13th, 2007, 08:55 PM
If you would like someone to review/check/suggest improvements on your code feel free to email me :)