PDA

View Full Version : Features of Feisty & Gutsy over Dapper

vayu
October 13th, 2007, 02:39 AM
I haven't been here or paying any attention since Dapper, (which I use every day as my main OS). Blasphemy for many I'm sure, but what is is.

But I'm thinking of upgrading now. What does Fiesty have and what does Gutsy have? Is Gutsy going to work for my Dell laptop? I need sleep, wireless, WPA and I would really like to get Compiz on this ATI mobiity 300.

I've got things so set up with samba, my network, and printers, apache, mysql, and thousand of little tweaks. I'd like to know what new value I'd get besides spending time I don't have replicating what I have.

I use KDE.

Kingsley
October 13th, 2007, 04:18 AM
I don't even what your computer model or specs are, yet you ask if this and that works. If your computer runs well under Dapper and isn't prehistoric, I'm sure you'll have no problems with Feisty or Gutsy.

diskotek
October 13th, 2007, 03:16 PM
the better things in gutsy is less problematic with installation, webcam driver pre-installed, newer versions of programmes (i think it's all same in dapper also), and that fresh feeling :D
----------------------------------
hey Kingsley, you have a nice "communist party" avatar :D
----------------------------------

tdrusk
October 13th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Dapper is more stable then Gutsy. That being said, Gutsy is pretty stable in my opinion. I rarely experience crashes.

jc87
October 13th, 2007, 03:33 PM
- Boot speed

- Eye candy

- Better performance (every new version Gnome always looks faster and more responsive to me)

- More hardware support

- Gutsy now will support NTFS writing for default

- More up to date apps

But if you´re happy with Dapper you can always wait for hardy (the next LTS release that will be out after Gutsy)