PDA

View Full Version : You guys are gonna LOVE this...

Ripfox
October 12th, 2007, 12:07 AM
I recently found a wireless usb device that works with virtually all of my desktop systems out of the box, so naturally I wanted to send the company some info.

Check this out:

Customer Call Details Sep 22 2007 15:16

No problem...just wanted to let you know that your device is supported by Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn Operating System. This is a Linux operating system, and it worked "out of the box". Cheers to you. Please visit http://www.ubuntu.com/ for more information on Ubuntu. You may want to test this, and include it under your "supported" operating systems. It could lead to potential sales. Please let me know what you think. Shawn Russell

Enclosed Files: Belkin Response Sep 22 2007 16:26

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for contacting Belkin Technical Support.

We understand that you wish to provide few information which will help us to improve the srvice.

Surely we will update and inform the same to the consurned department. It will definitely help us to improve our service level.

Thank you for the update.

Regards,

Suzane Taylor
Belkin Technical Support

qpieus
October 12th, 2007, 12:19 AM
she rites real gud wurds

-grubby
October 12th, 2007, 12:32 AM
she can't even spell..real professional

PartisanEntity
October 12th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Terrible and unprofessional.

betweenthetines
October 12th, 2007, 01:07 AM
I recently found a wireless usb device that works with virtually all of my desktop systems out of the box

Out of curiosity (and because I may someday decide to add a wireless USB networking dongle to my desktop), what was the device? I've found that in general Belkin does make rather decent products and if you found a wireless internet USB plug that works great with Ubuntu, I may give it a shot.

Also, that response is pretty humorous, especially since you would expect them to just use some form letter for emails--to have that many errors is pretty ridiculous! Thanks.

Lord Illidan
October 12th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Her English isn't good, but who can tell if she's English or not?

Ripfox
October 12th, 2007, 01:57 AM
Out of curiosity (and because I may someday decide to add a wireless USB networking dongle to my desktop), what was the device? I've found that in general Belkin does make rather decent products and if you found a wireless internet USB plug that works great with Ubuntu, I may give it a shot.

Also, that response is pretty humorous, especially since you would expect them to just use some form letter for emails--to have that many errors is pretty ridiculous! Thanks.

It's this one:

http://www.myessentialssupport.com/product/?pid=ME1001-USB

Mr. Picklesworth
October 12th, 2007, 02:29 AM
Her English isn't good, but who can tell if she's English or not?

My observation has been that people who speak English as a 2nd language almost always have impeccable spelling.

Footissimo
October 12th, 2007, 02:51 AM
Just wish Belkin would get their arses into gear with a few of their wireless cards that have a wonderful habit of making Ubuntu as crashy as I've ever seen an OS *sigh*

FuturePilot
October 12th, 2007, 02:51 AM
she rites real gud wurds

:lolflag:

SZF2001
October 12th, 2007, 02:58 AM
What would you rather have - knowing someone has blown you off with a pre written email, a generic one that everyone gets, or knowing someone has actually read the email and made a few typos?

OMG ILLITERAZY IS FUNNAH

Ripfox
October 16th, 2007, 05:21 PM
What I would rather get is an email from someone who sounds like they will actually DO something about it. :lolflag:

PartisanEntity
October 16th, 2007, 05:26 PM
What would you rather have - knowing someone has blown you off with a pre written email, a generic one that everyone gets, or knowing someone has actually read the email and made a few typos?

OMG ILLITERAZY IS FUNNAH

Is it too much to ask to have someone read your email and reply with proper grammar and spelling? If a company in another country does decide to cater to English speaking customers, is it really that hard to find someone who can speak the language and use a spell checker?

It also conveys some professionalism.

mthakur2006
October 16th, 2007, 06:29 PM
My observation has been that people who speak English as a 2nd language almost always have impeccable spelling.

i couldn't agree with you more there :)

aaaantoine
October 16th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Based on my experience, you received a response from a customer service agent from India. Perhaps my experience has a lot to do with why I didn't immediately pick up on the errors in her grammar.

The spelling is another story, however. That would be the mark of cheap labor.

BuffaloX
October 16th, 2007, 08:34 PM

That's probably because we use a spell checker. :)

Actually native English speakers are a bit spoiled, because almost every country in the world that isn't English speaking natively, has English as first choice for second language. Not all but almost all....
Depending on first language, English can be pretty hard to learn.

On topic:
Cool that wireless works for you, and cool you did a bit of advertising for Linux.
Let's hope it reaches the tech and marketing people, where it really matters.