PDA

View Full Version : Advertising at the library

drascus
October 11th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Hey All...
I was going to put together a display for the library where I work. This would include free cd's for people to pick up if they are interested. I was just wondering if there was some kind of root I could go through in order to get a bunch of cd's for this project. besides the normal ship it function which usually takes a long time in the shipping...
Thanks
~Mike~

kostkon
October 12th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Hey All...
I was going to put together a display for the library where I work. This would include free cd's for people to pick up if they are interested. I was just wondering if there was some kind of root I could go through in order to get a bunch of cd's for this project. besides the normal ship it function which usually takes a long time in the shipping...
Thanks
~Mike~

I suppose you could buy some CDs from the official Ubuntu shop (https://shop.canonical.com), they will be shipped faster compared to the ShipIt service. Even better, you could find an e-shop that is local to you that sells CDs of Linux distros. There are some of them that do this thing, just find one that is nearer to you. The downside to this is that you will have to pay, albeit a fairly low amount.

Another option, I suppose, would be to contact your local LUG and see if they have Ubuntu CDs to give to you.

DoctorMO
October 12th, 2007, 04:27 PM
It's a shame your not coming to the installfest you could pick some up then.

Where are you abouts and if your easy enough to get to we can send some with who ever is closest.:KS

drascus
October 16th, 2007, 10:22 PM
I am in Canton about 30 min south of boston...

jprigot
October 26th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Dam! I live in Canton and I was at tonight's meeting too.
---
The reality you have reached is not in working order...