PDA

View Full Version : Twin Cities

shaft350x
October 11th, 2007, 10:12 PM
So who here is from the twin cities? I'm living there now because I'm here on internship. I'd actually like to meet some fellow Ubuntu users because I haven't been here that long and I frankly have no friends here yet. Asides from a desparate cry for friends, I am genuinely interested in being able to talk more about Ubuntu and Linux.

daveerickson
October 12th, 2007, 12:19 PM
I am from Apple Valley, south of the cities. Aside from working with pc's for fun I also bowl. Any other bowlers here?

Shaft, am I missing something? Your sig says you are running Feisty Fox, is that a misprint or is there something to the name?

shaft350x
October 12th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Misprint. I have a fox on one of my backgrounds. Firefox, Feisty Fawn...too many F's, bring on the Gibbon.

Once 7.10 (aka Gutsy Gibbon) comes out, I'll probably upgrade to that, simple for the added support to the Xorg.conf stuff and the GUI for video properties.

[EDIT] I also enjoy bowling, but I suck at it. I'm usually happy if I get over 100.

tonyyarusso
October 18th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Yep, east-of-the-river suburb here.

Your best bet for meeting people would be to show up for our Gutsy release party this Saturday - see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MinnesotaTeam/Events/GutsyGibbonReleaseParty for details.

AaronMiller
October 18th, 2007, 04:43 PM
St. Louis Park, right on the border of Golden Valley and Minneapolis though!

shaft350x
October 18th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Awesome thanks for the update on the Gutsy Party. I'll really try to make it. I'll be preaching in Hastings that evening, but might still be able to make it. (Intern Pastor)

Footer
October 20th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Greetings all ... Footer from Scandia, MN (just east of Forest Lake).

I've been an U(K)ubuntu user since June 2005 (Linux for much longer). Sadly, I will probably not be able to make it to the party tonight ...

Nice to see some local support though!

shaft350x
October 21st, 2007, 01:52 AM
Hope the release party is going well. I'm just not going to have time to make it there. :(

wigglydiggly
October 23rd, 2007, 06:03 AM
Hope I'm not too late to say Hello. I'm from Savage MN just south of the Twin Cities. Bowling is always fun, but mostly I end up cleaning gutters. Been using Ubuntu since Dapper but still consider myself a noob. Its good to see MN linux users here in the forums.

tm24fan
April 25th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Late response here, I live in Mankato and my girlfriend lives in Savage (however, she goes to school at Gustavus Adolphus College in St Peter). I'm a huge Ubuntu fanatic even though I still won't profess to know nearly everything about it. Nice to see fellow MN Ubuntu users!

rusty0101
April 30th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Sitting under the New Hope water tower just off of 169 at Medicine Lake. Afraid I don't bowl. I do a bit of photography, (http://picasaweb.google.com/rusty0101) and generally play with computer for both work and play. Also a Ham. (kc0vcu)

binger
August 18th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Thread is kind of dated, but I just joined the group so I thought I would throw out a shout from Minneapolis! And yes, I love bowling and beer.

root2devnull
November 21st, 2008, 08:04 AM
Like binger said above, it's a dated thread but he's new, well, so am I.

I'm from Apple Valley.

Spike the Dingo
April 8th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Yet another late reply but, I'm between Minneapolis & St. Paul near UMN.

tonyyarusso
May 3rd, 2009, 08:16 AM
You can also add your location to https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-minnesota/+map for a better representation.

katakaio
December 8th, 2009, 02:19 AM
Another Minneapcat reporting in . . . I live in Minneapolis but drink St. Paul beer.