PDA

View Full Version : Photo Screensaver with Mythgallery

7bigjohn
October 11th, 2007, 05:39 PM
I know this is more of a Mythtv question but I've been searching for 2 days and can't find the answer. Does anyone know how I can configure Mythgallery slideshow to automaticly show my photos when the menu is idle for a while? Thanks :confused:

tgm4883
October 11th, 2007, 09:43 PM
I know this is more of a Mythtv question but I've been searching for 2 days and can't find the answer. Does anyone know how I can configure Mythgallery slideshow to automaticly show my photos when the menu is idle for a while? Thanks :confused:

I don't think that mythgallery. More likely, it is gnome-screensaver that you want to setup to do that.

7bigjohn
October 11th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Thanks. Is gnome-screensaver what is currently being used to put my monitor in standbye mode now?

tgm4883
October 11th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Hmm. Putting your monitor into standby is probably DPMS There are 2 screensaver solutions xscreensaver and gnome-screensaver. I think you can do the picture gallery from gnome screensaver.

rkdn53
May 11th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Both xscreensaver and gnome screensaver have photo slideshow.
My experience is with Ubuntu 10.04 that gnome screensaver is installed automatically. It has limited features...
I typically install the xscreensaver because with it's photo slideshow I can define the photo folder.

tgm4883
May 11th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Both xscreensaver and gnome screensaver have photo slideshow.
My experience is with Ubuntu 10.04 that gnome screensaver is installed automatically. It has limited features...
I typically install the xscreensaver because with it's photo slideshow I can define the photo folder.

Please note the date of threads before replying. This thread is 2.5 years old