PDA

View Full Version : How safe do you feel?

LaRoza
October 11th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Where you live, how safe do you feel on a daily basis?

Describe where you live, if you think it is important enough to mention.

[h2o]
October 11th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Very.

I would perhaps be careful not to walk through the nearby woods at night, but that isn't a big deal.

Circus-Killer
October 11th, 2007, 01:03 PM
i feel pretty safe most of the time. but here in jozi, south africa, you gotta be smart. dont walk on quiet roads (even during the day), dont walk at night at all, and stay the hell away from areas of total isolation.

granted i have broken those rules myself, but its never a good idea. in the neighbourhood i live in, i got mugged 8 times in 2 years, all during the day. now i dont ever walk anywhere, only drive.

but i spose after having guns held to your head, knives to your throat, and almost blown up by a car bomb, you kinda just learn to accept crime for what it is. everyday when you step out your house you take a chance, you could very well be killed. but there is no life in locking yourself away.

so really, its come to the point where i try be as smart as possible, but have accepted the idea that when its my time, its my time, and i cant run from that. just like all the previous times were not my times.

tourists do get killed here quite a lot, but i have to say that a lot of it can be avoided. like young, good looking women running in some wooded area alone. thats just suicide. when people come to this country, you must just realise that its not all bad, you just gotta be smart. stay in groups, dont walk unless you have to, and dont trust anyone.

but yah, i must say, for the most part i feel completely safe. ironically, during the day, i feel more safe in downtown jozi than i do in my own neighbourhood. but that is because you are surrounded by millions of people. i guess the ship can go down anywhere, you just gotta hope its not your turn. but no matter how bad crime gets, you cant let it stop you from living.

EDIT: ironcially, a woman was stabbed just outside my house the other day. was pretty hectic. but luckily she survived and they caught the oke. but yah, it was hectic seeing that much blood and flesh (seeing flesh hanging outside of the body is not pleasant). oh, and on monday, the shops on my road had a shootout. those were two big things that happened on my road in the past week. but yah. crime, what you gonna do about it. might as well just carry on going, pray tomorrow is not my day.

yes, jozi is one of the most dangerous places in the world. its also one of the best places in the world, and we not gonna let a bit of crime ruin it for us.

tszanon
October 11th, 2007, 01:07 PM
I am worried about my safety, this place is not very safe
Last year, they broke into my house during a holiday. And it happened early in the morning, about 9:00, not in the middle of the night!!!
I live near a place dominated by drug dealers. Sometime ago, the local commerce was robbed about twice a week.

Things are somewhat better by now, but the "I'm not safe" feeling never leaves.

LaRoza
October 11th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Wow, that is quite dangerous eight times in any amount of time is too much. Perhaps you should learn to use a personal defense weapon of some sort, to keep handy. I know killing someone or dying over a wallet is not right, but not everybody is as nice as those muggers who let you go.

LaRoza
October 11th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Last year, they broke into my house during a holiday. And it happened early in the morning, about 9:00, not in the middle of the night!!!
I live near a place dominated by drug dealers. Sometime ago, the local commerce was robbed about twice a week.

A large drug trade brings a lot of crime.

About the break ins, a good cat burglar works in the day, and avoids people at all costs.

Circus-Killer
October 11th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Wow, that is quite dangerous eight times in any amount of time is too much. Perhaps you should learn to use a personal defense weapon of some sort, to keep handy. I know killing someone or dying over a wallet is not right, but not everybody is as nice as those muggers who let you go.

yeah well, to be honest, most muggers/thiefs/hijackers here will kill you, even if you do hand over everything. i have considered getting myself a gun, but i figure i rather be killed by a gun than kill by a gun.

and after all i have experienced, i'm a strong believer in, "when its your time, its your time". for some reason it must of not been my time. but if my time should come, i cannot run from it. i almost feel lucky for going through what i have gone through, as it has actually given me more confidence in life, my purpose, and the fact that we are here for a reason. (without getting religious or anything) there is something greater out there.

for some reason, the more those things happened, the less worried i would be about how it would end. i have become a lot more accepting of fate, without letting fate entirely decide my life. its all very strange. i almost feel like all the negatives in this world has allowed me to see the positives that others dont.

fuscia
October 11th, 2007, 01:17 PM
i'm very safe, but i used to live in a not so safe area, so i still keep an eye out (you never know). i'm like a meerkat in a zoo that way.

Phil Airtime
October 11th, 2007, 01:18 PM
I used to live in South Manchester until this year, in an area with whole deserted streets of tinned-up houses and pubs where scallies roamed looking for likely victims with mobile phones to lift. Drugs are a huge problem and shootings are regular there, even the odd one among people as young as 16/17; I'd sometimes hear gunshots from the office if I stayed late at work. Even as a bloke, you just didn't go onto some estates alone. It's safe there as long as you stick to the bus or train through those parts, really, but they'd still stand by the side of the road throwing things at the bus windows on a regular basis.

Nowadays in Stoke-on-Trent, the main problem is low-level crime, just the usual phone-nicking scallies and car stereo theft. The city centre and surrounding town centres on a Friday or Saturday night are also worth avoiding, unless you like dodging p!ssed-up idiots beating each other and throwing up in the street. Overall it's much safer here, though.

Conversely, I spent a bit of time last year on an island off the west coast of Scotland. The population there is 180 and people leave their houses unlocked. One bloke leaves the keys in the ignition in his car; his reasoning is that there's one ferry off the island, the ferry man knows whose car it is and if the owner's not driving it, he won't let it off! When you see a group of teenagers walking towards you in Manchester, the gut reaction is to cross the road. On that island, they'll say hiya and chat. Much more pleasant.

starcraft.man
October 11th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Couldn't feel any safer, Canada is a great place and crimes low around here.

JBAlaska
October 11th, 2007, 01:24 PM
yeah well, to be honest, most muggers/thiefs/hijackers here will kill you, even if you do hand over everything. i have considered getting myself a gun, but i figure i rather be killed by a gun than kill by a gun.

Damn...

Where I live it's super safe..with maybe the occasional bear in the backyard.
I like bears...but I'd rather shoot one then be eaten..

LaRoza
October 11th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Couldn't feel any safer, Canada is a great place and crimes low around here.

The US has a low crime rate also. The crime follows the drug trade mostly.

Phil Airtime
October 11th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Damn...

Where I live it's super safe..with maybe the occasional bear in the backyard.
I like bears...but I'd rather shoot one then be eaten..

What do they taste of?!

Pekkalainen
October 11th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I live in the least safe part of my town, my car has been vandalised 4 times and there are reports in the newspapers about knife fights and shoot outs every now and then, last time it happened in an apartment next to mine. I dont feel safe at all and due to our apartment market being run 70% in a half communist way I would have to wait at least 6-7 years to be able to move to a better place unless any of the private landlords give me a break wich is unlikely due to my rather young age :mad:

tcpip4lyfe
October 11th, 2007, 02:37 PM
I haven't locked my doors in my house for 2 years. Im not even sure I have a key anymore. I am grateful that I live in such a safe city.

drewlake
October 11th, 2007, 02:39 PM
A large drug trade brings a lot of crime.

About the break ins, a good cat burglar works in the day, and avoids people at all costs.
You say that but I used to live near a heroin dealer up in Yorkshire, England and there was a very low level of petty crime and break-ins in a city that has, or had, a bit of a problem. The drug dealer warned off most of the scrotes saying he didn't want the police coming and asking questions.

markp1989
October 11th, 2007, 02:40 PM
I just keep an eye out, but am otherwise safe

is pretty safe here, i have lived here for 18 years , and only ever been mugged one time, and i rarely see any trouble

bigken
October 11th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I feel safe even though I live on rough housing estate full of drug dealers and various other type of idiots but being 6.4 and some 20 stone plus not much bothers me
but on the other hand I would not let my partner walk to the shops alone at night.

its a sad world

ericartman
October 11th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Incredibly safe here, only fear I have is the religious peeps won't knock on my door before 10 am Sunday and I miss football. Cars get stolen here but people are generally safe.

Cart

Dimitriid
October 11th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Hard to tell. Sometimes I think "I MUST keep an eye out but if I do then i'll be fine" then again a few months ago 4 guys were gunned down with AK47s not even a block away, and before that another guy was gunned down at a bar not even a block away either. We even had a grenade explosion 5 blocks away about 2 or 3 years back.

So I guess I need to change my answer, as safe as my neighborhood's an city feels executions are common, even Police Chiefs are gunned down by druglords over here, although is not nearly as bad as the border cities 2 hours away from here.

popch
October 11th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Utterly safe here in a small suburb of a middle sized city in Switzerland.

I felt much consternation when my son told me the other day that he was threatened by some juveniles in the roads in the middle of the night, and that they even made ready to throw stones. According to our standards, that's pretty wild.

We do have burglars but I do not personally know anyone who was burglared, if that's the verb I need. Or is it burgled?

HermanAB
October 11th, 2007, 03:10 PM
No bears, cougars or moose around this year and the mule deer in the park are cute and well behaved. (This is a city of about a million souls about 100km from the Rocky mountains.)

The most dangerous things are the usual culprits: Drunk drivers, crack and cocaine dealers.

Dragonbite
October 11th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I would feel safer except things just keep happening. I'm next town over +/- from where the brutal home invasion that led to a mother and her two daughters dead and the father was left for dead in the basement After that, I don't leave the doors unlocked when I leave in the morning.

And now in the news is about a serial rapist coming to the town on the other side after being in jail for 20 years (and no therapy? wtf?!!).

I'd rather take the bears and such... animals are semi-logical ("I'm hungry.. I kill you ... I eat"), people are not.

So I'm safe, but with news like this I keep an eye out.

FurryNemesis
October 11th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Nothing big here. A few students with drug problems, maybe. I'm in a university town in the southeast of England. Our archery club did have their kit stolen over the summer and ironically, just as I spotted this thread, I hear news of a sexual assault on campus. I hope they catch and then expel whoever did it - but something like that happening around here is so unusual that it made the regional news.

-grubby
October 11th, 2007, 03:31 PM
very safe, I live in Chewelah,Washington which has a population of 2000.
Most crimes that have happened were in town I live 2 miles from the city limits

reyfer
October 11th, 2007, 03:34 PM
I am worried about my safety, this place is not very safe

Unfortunately, I live in Venezuela under Hugo Chavez, and I'm in the opposition to his regime, so yeah that's the main reason for my answer. That and the fact that we have an average of 100 violent deaths every weekend.

pelle.k
October 11th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Conversely, I spent a bit of time last year on an island off the west coast of Scotland. The population there is 180 and people leave their houses unlocked. One bloke leaves the keys in the ignition in his car; his reasoning is that there's one ferry off the island, the ferry man knows whose car it is and if the owner's not driving it, he won't let it off! When you see a group of teenagers walking towards you in Manchester, the gut reaction is to cross the road. On that island, they'll say hiya and chat. Much more pleasant.

Funny you should say that. I've never, in my life, ever locked my car. And yes, the key is in the ignition all the time. btw it's parked just beside the main road. ;)

Kingsley
October 11th, 2007, 03:41 PM
I'm very safe in this university town. My only fear is the popo catching me with alcohol :D.

diskotek
October 11th, 2007, 03:42 PM
I just keep an eye out, but am otherwise safe.

indeed i'm mostly attracting trouble, i have a kind of bad aura.

well, i'm living in a area relatively safer than the other parts as well.

p_quarles
October 11th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Chicago has led the U.S. in total homicides for something like the past decade. That's pretty bad, given that second place goes to NYC, which has more than twice the population. The majority of those murders are gang-related, so it's relatively easy to avoid putting yourself in danger if you know what areas are bad.

Apart from that, the biggest dangers are 1) the way people drive, and 2) the surprisingly high percentage of power-drunk officers on the police force. The overall crime rate is pretty comparable to that of any large international city.

jgrabham
October 11th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Fairly safe, live in suburbs of a small city, could easily get beaten up if I wanted though.

Kvark
October 11th, 2007, 04:11 PM
For most people there isn't any risk of getting hurt here. You'd have to either provoke a fight with someone, be involved in something or be a male teenager to get hurt.

The criminals around here are clever enough to take what they want without adding hurting their victims to the charges against them. Non criminals getting shot is almost unheard of even though Sweden is in the top 10 when it comes to firearms per capita. But getting burgled or robbed isn't nice even if you're left unharmed or in worst case tied up but otherwise unharmed.

Many women feel unsafe but the risk of being randomly raped by a stranger is actually much smaller then of winning big on the lottery. The only group at risk of getting hurt without asking for it is male teenagers, there are plenty of gangs of those looking for an unarmed but dirty fight with males their own age. One 16 year old guy was kicked to death outside a party a couple days ago.

The only wild animal I'm worried about is ticks with the ability to transmit the TBE disease.

LowSky
October 11th, 2007, 04:13 PM
I dont even lock my doors at night or when we leave the house.

Tomosaur
October 11th, 2007, 04:27 PM
I feel fairly safe, but I am careful to be wary of myself and my surroundings if I go wandering around.

I live in one of those areas where social services decides to dump the people who get evicted from elsewhere. We have a very quick turnaround of neighbours (most don't last more than 2 or 3 weeks before being moved elsewhere), so we have a lot of drug addicts and generally anti-social people (in the bad sense - vandalism, violence, general disregard for everyone else etc, not just 'shy' people). It's getting a bit better because the council decided to buy up all of the houses (which is a horrible thing in itself, the current occupants have no say in the matter) and knock them down, so now there's a whole bunch of rubble everywhere and not very many people, while they build new houses, but we'll just have to wait and see if the new occupants are any better. My house was one of the few that were left alone.

I've never really had any trouble around here aside from a few fights when I was a kid, but that's more down to me being careful. There is a real risk of violence if you don't watch yourself, and every so often we get the police putting leaflets through people's doors asking them to come forward if we know about a recent murder or mugging or something like that.

We also have a lot of marijuana farms in the attics of derelict / abandoned homes - but that is happening less and less now, mostly because there are less homes here.

Lately we've had a lot of stray cats hanging around, and a lot of people doing community service in some futile attempt by the council to keep everything tidy (I don't know how tidy they can expect to get this place considering the sheer amount of crap the builders leave lying around when they go home for the night). It's actually a pretty surreal place to live , and I guess, reading back over this, it sounds like some nightmare slum or something, but it's not really. On the whole people are very nice, but if you don't watch yourself, there is a very real danger. I wouldn't say I could go out walking about all day on my own and not at least be threatened in some obscure way (which is ok, I guess, since I spend a lot of my time elsewhere than here). There are a lot of loudmouths who like to hang around in groups and shout stuff at innocent passers-by - as long as you stand up for yourself and let them know you're not going to be a push-over they'll mostly back off. Give as good as you get is pretty much the way it works here.

iPower
October 11th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Very Safe, no problems here!

What is in a name?
October 27th, 2007, 01:06 AM
I'm probably less safe when I'm let alone with myself.

b0ng0
October 27th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Rather safe. Edinburgh is one of the safest cities in the UK apparently but i've never had any trouble here. Keep all the scum on the outside of the city instead of building council housing near the centre. Keeps crime to a minimum. Plus it can be a pretty snobby city at times but it's worth it.

hellmet
October 27th, 2007, 04:22 AM
I stay in Kingsville, TX, which is pretty safe in the morning. But, night time its quite dark in a few places without lights, and it gets quite spooky. In my apartment complex itself, we had an incident where '*****' just walked in to a room and walked out with all the laptops. Everyone just stared.
We thought our complex was the safest. Tuff luck.

Sockerdrickan
November 11th, 2007, 11:27 AM
I feel safe :D

bionnaki
November 11th, 2007, 11:31 AM
I live in a bad neighborhood in a major US city. A friend of ours was shot in the chest randomly at 4am by a crackhead with a handgun. The same week our neighbor was walking home and was grabbed by a giant black guy and mugged. He was coming home from the restaurant that he's a waiter at.

Sometimes I feel safe because I know the hood, but sometimes I do not.

RebounD11
November 11th, 2007, 11:39 AM
I feel safe... I can defend myself pretty easily (let's just say I'm not the guy to pick on if you're alone or smaller than me :D), sometimes I'm worried about some of my friends, the neighborhood isn't very safe and I have to rescue some of them from local trouble-makers.

ruibernardo
November 11th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I leave in a peaceful neighbourhood, in a peaceful suburb of a medium city in Portugal.

Portuguese people are friendly and Portugal is a good place to live.

samjh
November 11th, 2007, 12:10 PM
I always try to keep an eye out.

Statistically my area is quite safe, but criminals pick easy targets. I don't want to become an easy target. Having received some pretty good training in defence and tactics, and having taught the same to other people, personal safety is something I take very seriously.

Whenever I move from place A to place B, whether by car or foot, I always plan my route, scan my surroundings for danger, and pick an escape route in case something goes awry.

Only problem is that the people I live with are not trustworthy or safe. I don't live with them by choice, but out of necessity. So my alert level is always up at home.

gn2
November 11th, 2007, 12:14 PM
I live in rural Aberdeenshire which is perfectly safe and one of the top places to live in Scotland.

gn2
November 11th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Portugal is a good place to live.

Give or take the occasional child kidnapping.

What is the general public opinion where you live regarding the Madelaine McCann case?

Hells_Dark
November 11th, 2007, 12:19 PM
I'm probably less safe when I'm let alone with myself.

^^ Sometimes so true.

ruibernardo
November 11th, 2007, 01:10 PM

What is the general public opinion where you live regarding the Madelaine McCann case?
People just don't know what to believe any more. It's a very sad case anyway.

What do people think about it over there, gn2?

spamzilla
November 11th, 2007, 02:02 PM
On my street, I feel very safe and never lock my house door...I even feel safe enough to walk home from town late at night after a few (;)) beers. There are a few people to look out for, but these low lifes are nearly all locked up now, so all is good :D

In England a lot of people I know think the parents killed her, but then again, there are loads of people, who think the parents are innocent, so opinions are very divided.

gn2
November 11th, 2007, 06:08 PM

My personal opinion (coloured by having once been a police officer myself) is that the parents are either guilty of 1: neglect or 2: murder.
1: Is irrefutable, they freely admit to having left their infant children unattended. This is a crime in the UK and I would expect in Portugal as well.
2: Harder to prove but hasn't stopped rampant speculation by our simply dreadful tabloid press.

As has been mentioned opinion is divided here.
Mine is that the parents should be prosecuted for neglect unless a strong case can be made to support a more serious charge.

ruibernardo
November 11th, 2007, 10:50 PM
My personal opinion (coloured by having once been a police officer myself) is that the parents are either guilty of 1: neglect or 2: murder.
1: Is irrefutable, they freely admit to having left their infant children unattended. This is a crime in the UK and I would expect in Portugal as well.
2: Harder to prove but hasn't stopped rampant speculation by our simply dreadful tabloid press.

As has been mentioned opinion is divided here.
Mine is that the parents should be prosecuted for neglect unless a strong case can be made to support a more serious charge.
Yes, I agree with that. Here abandoning children like that is a crime and the parents can loose the possession and the rights over their children too.

Whether there have been a kidnapping or a murder, the parents must have consider the possibility of loosing all their kits, so they called the newspapers and televisions and launched the kidnapping alert. That distracted everybody from the negligence and focused the attention on the kidnap.

If a kidnap did occurred, it was because the parents did abandoned their kits in the first place - no doubt.

If a murder has occurred, I do find it very hard to believe all the possibilities that it implies. They were in a foreign country, didn't know the terrain, had to hide the child, etc, etc, all this just after their own children died. That would imply many hard to believe actions from the parents. But maybe it's me that still don't want to believe in that possibility.

What I've seen is that the media have been proven wrong and misleading in several occasions and have influenced the investigations. And what happen to "Innocent until proven guilty"?

Anyway a very sad case.

sailor2001
November 11th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Parents murdering that charming little girl? What possible motive is there for that?

uwishurockedthishxc
November 11th, 2007, 11:49 PM
very safe. out in the country in ohio where neighbors still watch out for each other and doing anything alone is still safe

jc87
November 12th, 2007, 12:14 AM
I´m also from Portugal, and in my town (Castelo Branco, a "small" town in Beira Baixa) i feel very safe, sometimes i go for long walks (sometimes alone, others with a friend) and i cant say i´ve ever had any fear.

Sure i could get in troubles if i wanted, also i store the car antenna in the trunk so it doesn´t get robbed (and i always lock it obviously), and one acquainted of mine once was robbed and almost killed (one monday at 4 am), but in general is a very safe town, just have some common sense and you will be perfectly safe.

Now that i think on it, the worst thing i ever seen here were drunken college students (once i saw one slepping in the grass, funny story) and a junkie or two walking around (but without hurting anyone), and some kind of jeova witnes´s from the US (this last one´s are the most scariest of them all).

In conclusion, i guess i´m very lucky.

I personally (also many other portuguese, but i cant speak for all obviously) felt insulted because of this story during the last months, because our law enforcement officials did (and continued to do) a great job investigating the case, but several times they were wrongly criticized, and portrayed in foreign media as imcompetent and such ... they do their best, but no one can expect miracles to just happen (and they usually dont occur in this kind of situations).

Also i would say great part of the public opinion believes the parents are responsible, a team of comedians here called "Gato Fedorento" (smelly cat) even made a sketch about it ridicularizing all the excessive attention the subject has got in national media.

gn2
November 12th, 2007, 01:00 AM
our law enforcement officials did (and continued to do) a great job investigating the case, but several times they were wrongly criticized, and portrayed in foreign media as imcompetent and such ....

Trust me their UK counterparts get a very hard time in the press here too.

In britain we have a saying that the press "never let the facts get in the way of a good story"

It should be innocent till proven guilty, not trial by media.

djsroknrol
November 12th, 2007, 01:41 AM
In the middle of the Mohave desert?...Can't get any safer than that...:)

jpittack
November 12th, 2007, 01:49 AM
I am near a military base, about 20 miles or so. I live in the rich part of town. We did have a string of garage thefts in our neighborhood one year. But the largest concern of my day is at my girlfriends house, where it seems that south and north town gangs are fighting. Its a few miles east of where she lives, but two gunshots have been heard in the street next to her. In the last few months, I think there have been about 30 murders. My guess is drugs, as territory doesn't really seem like an issue.

Even though I can't get away from a window, the thought of a stray bullet doesn't bother me. I know where I am headed when I die.

So I say I feel safe.

x1a4
November 12th, 2007, 02:09 AM
Too many gangsta cops out there.
Gangsters who dress as cops.

toupeiro
November 12th, 2007, 02:10 AM
I feel safe, but that is because I feel I have good judgment and do not take anyone or anything for granted. I was born and pretty much raised in central California: We pretty much got the crime from L.A. and San Francisco that got away through the 80's and 90's. I did not grow up in a safe neighborhood. I saw a dead body from a drive-by shooting when I was 9 years old walking with my friends to 7-11. We got broken into 8 times, many in broad daylight, before my family finally got out of that neighborhood. Now, the crime isn't near as bad as it was then, and I own a home in a nice neighborhood community. Its not one of the newest ones, but its still considered one of the better ones to live in, and near one of the best schools in the County. Still, bad things can happen. Several blocks over, there was a shooting. I don't know the circumstances of why. It's never happened in this neighborhood before.

So, while I feel completely safe in my home, I think its because I feel I take enough measures to stay that way, be it physical or practical measures. I never take for granted that because I am a better neighborhood, that bad people will stay out of it.

I'm semi-martial arts trained, and armed. And hope every day I'm never in a position to demonstrate either.

inversekinetix
November 12th, 2007, 06:43 AM
I live in a really safe place. Never lock my door, sometimes lock my bicycle if its a dark lonely place. Almost all crime here is controlled by the Yakuza, if you are out of that kind of circle you are unlikely to face crime. Of course there are some minor criminals, but if the do anything in Yakuza controlled areas then they will be stopped and punished by the Yakuza.

I used to live in England, I'd often have to take long winding routes home at night to avoid gangs of violent youths, random violence was a constant fear back there. England was/is my home and I'd like to go back soon, but I doubt I could live in that crime ridden violent society again.

a12ctic
November 12th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Honestly, I couldn't feel safer, even walking down dark streets in poor neighborhoods I feel incredibly secure. I live in Chicago

sanderella
November 12th, 2007, 02:01 PM
I live in a safe quiet little town in mid Hampshire. Very little crime here, except that a month or so ago we had an armed robbery at a bank, two thugs shot dead by police. They were the bad lads from London, drove down here and thought it would be easy pickings, but the metropolitan police were tipped off and were waiting for them...

I sometimes go out for a walk in the dark. It's lovely when the moon and stars are shining. I do feel safe here :KS

glupee
November 12th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Too many gangsta cops out there.
Gangsters who dress as cops.
LMAO!!!
yeah especially in Mississauga :roll:... still LMAO!

I feel pretty safe, but still keep an eye out since you just never know. My Toronto neighborhood's not the nicest (crack house across the street, and a few prostitutes), but aside from making sure my door's locked when i go out, i don't worry much. No one ever bothers you and the people are actually pretty nice, even if they are cracked out, lol.

hoagie
November 12th, 2007, 02:52 PM
I live in a quite area of the capital in Cyprus and I have never seen anything that has to do with a crime (that will threat my safety). Although I always keep an eye out, you never know.