PDA

View Full Version : If you ONLY had KTorrent or Deluge to choose from, which would you pick?

RAV TUX
October 11th, 2007, 03:14 AM
http://cafelinux.org/OptickleArt/albums/userpics/normal_snapshot95.png (http://cafelinux.org/OptickleArt/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0)

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=46333&d=1192382949

screaminj3sus
October 11th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Deluge 4 Life.

Fbot1
October 11th, 2007, 03:23 AM
Wow, this must really bother you.

blithen
October 11th, 2007, 03:26 AM
Right now.I have to choose KTorrent. Way more options and reliable in my opinion. Though deluge is good, it lacks a few features.

RideP2
October 11th, 2007, 03:27 AM
For me it's KTorrent because it's the only bittorrent client that even works at all for me, for some odd reason.

FuturePilot
October 11th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Deluge:guitar:

Crashmaxx
October 11th, 2007, 04:04 AM
Using KTorrent for the time being. But especially in Gnome it has a lot of overhead. Like to switch to Deluge, but its a) not in the repos and b) still seems to be missing features. But they have been moving at an incredible pace, so I don't think it will be too much longer.

marsmissionaries
October 11th, 2007, 04:05 AM
deluge because it has a cooler icon.

-grubby
October 11th, 2007, 04:19 AM
death. No just kidding I haven't ever even used a torrent before

Incense
October 11th, 2007, 04:34 AM
I'm in KDE, I'm going to use ktorrent.... never used Deluge, but I don't see a reason not to use ktorrent. Nice set of plug ins, and it does what I need.

misfitpierce
October 11th, 2007, 04:37 AM
Deluge hands down when im in Gnome
Ktorrent in KDE...

I know they can both run on each other but I tend to keep things organized and in their place. :)

vishzilla
October 11th, 2007, 04:44 AM
On GNOME, defo Deluge. Great development in the past few months and very much in contention to be the uTorrent of the Linux world. kTorrent's is good too, except for the fact that I dont prefer using KDE apps in GNOME.

cornel_me
October 11th, 2007, 04:44 AM
I like Deluge. After I figured out the RSS plugin, it does everything I need it for. I really don't miss any feature.

kenweill
October 11th, 2007, 04:47 AM
There should be a pool for Others...

I don't use both in your pool.
I prefer Others: utorrent.

aidanr
October 11th, 2007, 05:01 AM
Rav you need to fix up your gtk themes, deluge looks gtk1 butt ugly in that screenie. I'd say you're either using redmond for some sick reason or you don't have the right gtk2-engines installed.

Spr0k3t
October 11th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Using KTorrent for the time being. But especially in Gnome it has a lot of overhead. Like to switch to Deluge, but its a) not in the repos and b) still seems to be missing features. But they have been moving at an incredible pace, so I don't think it will be too much longer.

Deluge is in the Gutsy repos. Oh, I voted for Deluge.

questpro
October 11th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Deluge :lolflag:

For me it's KTorrent because it's the only bittorrent client that even works at all for me, for some odd reason.

I tried Ktorrent. Can we make it work on GNOME efficiently. For me it was not possible at that time, when I first installed UBUNTU.

Visti
October 11th, 2007, 10:39 AM
There should be a pool for Others...

I don't use both in your pool.
I prefer Others: utorrent.

Yeah, that makes sense..

"If you ONLY had Ktorrent or Deluge to choose from, which would you pick?"

"..something else?"

I've never used any of them..

porkchop86
October 13th, 2007, 06:29 PM
I'm currently in love with kTorrent, Deluge isn't as heavy wight as some *cough* Azureus *cough* but when I really had it going it did pose a noticable load to my computer. kTorrent seems to use about 2/3 the system resources and as an uncontrolable plus seems to find more users for the torrents that I happen to be downloading at the moment.

TidusBlade
October 13th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Deluge, Dosent screw up for me, like Ktorrent, Ktorrent is good, just that it dosent suit me. Deluge FTW :guitar:

Erunno
October 13th, 2007, 06:36 PM
I use KTorrent due to KDE integration but I really couldn't make an educated choice since up until now I've never even heard of Deluge. In the end as long as some obligatory features like UPNP support are present I don't really care since a Bittorrent client is not something I'm constantly interacting with (it runs in the background 95 percent of the time after all).

ShadowVlican
October 14th, 2007, 11:05 PM
why must:

Deluge - GNOME
KTorrent - KDE

cross-platform no?

:confused: