PDA

View Full Version : Do we have any Dead Heads here?

Ripfox
October 10th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Grateful Dead anyone? Anyone? 8-)

bionnaki
October 10th, 2007, 11:01 PM
jerry garcia uses gentoo, bro.

Ripfox
October 10th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Jerry may use Gentoo, but he's using it from beyond the grave!

bionnaki
October 10th, 2007, 11:05 PM
I like some dead, but not too much. I'm more into their history, particularly the history of the family and the brotherhood of eternal love. I also like robert hunter's lyrics.

huckabuck
October 10th, 2007, 11:05 PM
We might be lurking around .... we are everywhere ....

Ripfox
October 10th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Huckabuck, did you see them, and if you did was it with or after Jerry?

huckabuck
October 10th, 2007, 11:09 PM
68 times with Jerry ... none without him

Ripfox
October 10th, 2007, 11:32 PM
35 times with Jerry here...then I went on to see RatDog like 10 times, The Other Ones like 2 whole Tours, and then saw Phil And Friends like 15 times...saw him last summer as a matter of fact. :)

Skia_42
October 11th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Crazy son-of a dead head speaking. The dead shall live on in all of us.

jimrz
October 11th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Crazy son-of a dead head speaking. The dead shall live on in all of us.

:guitar:

Ripfox
October 11th, 2007, 11:18 PM
I always thought Ubuntu would be a perfect OS for the Dead Head community...

ruggrat
October 12th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Heh, not sure if I count as a dead-head (never got to a show), but I like their music : )

huckabuck
October 12th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Heh, not sure if I count as a dead-head (never got to a show), but I like their music : )

its all good ... point your browser here ....

http://bt.etree.org/?search=&cat=8

Pick something and fire up your torrent client and enjoy ...

:cool:

Ripfox
October 16th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Oh yea man, thats a wealth of live dead...:)

Incense
February 7th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Just in one of those moods today to watch that last great performance, and had to share.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0PMKrfqngRo

Aquaman420
February 7th, 2008, 08:57 PM
The dead were before my time :( But I most definitely enjoy all their music. I have seen Ratdog acouple times. I always enjoyed Bobby. Phil's not bad either but I haven't even seen him. Any other jam bands you guys like. I enjoy Umphreys magee and have seen them acouple times. My fav is Widespread Panic and have been down to Philips Arena several new years to rock out!

In sort of a way The Grateful Dead were pioneers of free music! They knew the concerts is what supported them , not the resale of records!

ComputerHermit
February 7th, 2008, 09:01 PM
:lolflag: I used to be into it a littel but I never had a bad trip

ibanez
February 7th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Hey this is cool... we can get you all in the same place and reeducate you as to what real music is !!!! ( I'd say shoot, but I cant wish that just because you have no musical taste :D

:D:D:D

smbm
February 7th, 2008, 10:10 PM
I've been known to listen to The Dead from time to time.

Will definitely be grabbing several of those torrents.

Aquaman420
February 7th, 2008, 10:18 PM
ibanez
Re: Do we have any Dead Heads here?
Hey this is cool... we can get you all in the same place and reeducate you as to what real music is !!!! ( I'd say shoot, but I cant wish that just because you have no musical taste

Posts like that are unwarranted and unwanted in this community. Be respectful to your fellow humans.

ibanez
February 7th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Posts like that are unwarranted and unwanted in this community. Be respectful to your fellow humans.

LOL get a sense of humour.. it was meant as a little light hearted rib poking,, Any GD Fan has experienced this on numerous occasions anyway....

You should get a job in the police force you're wasted here :)

Humour :D

Incense
February 7th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I've been known to listen to The Dead from time to time.

Will definitely be grabbing several of those torrents.

Be sure you keep a seed going if you do. There are some great shows on that site.

Aquaman420
February 7th, 2008, 11:04 PM
I apologize. I did not see it as "light rib poking". I saw it as a person entering a thread and intentionally bashing opinions on said subject. "light rib poking" would be someone who knows the people involved in the thread. If you were friendly with someone involved in the thread I apologize, I see where yes that would not be harmful.. But if you don't know anyone involved in the thread the fact that you even came in here tells me you were looking to get a rise out of somebody. I apologize that somebody was me. I also apologize if I was wrong in my assumptions that you weren't friendly with posters of this thread.

toupeiro
February 8th, 2008, 12:53 AM
I apologize for all the apologizing in this thread. In fact, I apologize for apologizing for all the apologizing. I apologize, but isn't all this apologizing going a bit overboard? /mydrysenseofhumor

btw, much respect for the dead.

ibanez
February 8th, 2008, 03:23 AM
I apologize. I did not see it as "light rib poking". I saw it as a person entering a thread and intentionally bashing opinions on said subject. "light rib poking" would be someone who knows the people involved in the thread. If you were friendly with someone involved in the thread I apologize, I see where yes that would not be harmful.. But if you don't know anyone involved in the thread the fact that you even came in here tells me you were looking to get a rise out of somebody. I apologize that somebody was me. I also apologize if I was wrong in my assumptions that you weren't friendly with posters of this thread.
LOL ... I came in as a guitar player, AJerry Garcia fan Not a GD fan, I'm sorry also ,next time before I allow humour to surface, I'll ensure I know, ( whether you mean personally, or from a forum thread I dont know.) Someone involved in the thread.
& TGD certainly wer'nt before my time, respect your elders young man :D ( you probably wont take that as a joke either, BUT, IT IS :D

I guess you really could have made a good policeman :D:D:D:D

now go and find someone else to annoy please..... Thankyou.

& Just for the GD fans you had one of the best songwriter/guitarists ever :) So I certainly wasn't bashing you , on the contrary. .

Incense
February 8th, 2008, 07:13 PM
& Just for the GD fans you had one of the best songwriter/guitarists ever :) So I certainly wasn't bashing you , on the contrary. .

You've got that right. Listening to Jerry play and sing still blows my mind. It's just never the same song twice if you know what I mean.

Ripfox
February 10th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Yes I was lucky enough to see the Dead with Jerry 37 times and he was stellar. As to the Dead Head bashing...meh, I'm used to it. Roll away, you know what I'm sayin'? :)

smbm
March 4th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Just got Europe '72. Absolutely blown away by it!

What should I get next?

I've also got Workingman's Dead and American Beauty.

I've downloaded a few of those live shows too. All good stuff.

mozetti
March 4th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Just got Europe '72. Absolutely blown away by it!

What should I get next?

I've also got Workingman's Dead and American Beauty.

I've downloaded a few of those live shows too. All good stuff.

The standard is Cornell University - 1978. Great show, IMO, but they were all great.

The Dead weren't before my time, but almost. Didn't get into them till I was about 18, and only saw them once -- RFK in 1995.

And etree is an awesome resource. Used it many times for Phish shows, too -- been to more Phish shows than Dead shows.

I knew there had to be some 'heads here, glad you made a topic about it.

:guitar:

nothingspecial
September 10th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I Love The Dead

HappinessNow
September 10th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Grateful Dead anyone? Anyone? 8-)

"Friend of the Devil" is by far my favorite Grateful Dead song.

I heard a very funny Dead Head joke, that most find very funny even Dead Heads:

What is the first thing a Dead Head says when they stop using drugs?

"Man, this music sucks!"All joking aside; Long Live Jerry Garcia!

*btw there used to be a Linux distro out called the DeadCD but unfortunately it died, if someone has the time to do a Ubuntu remix that memorializes the Dead and all their great music and Art that would be great!

gn2
September 11th, 2009, 01:35 AM
I have some Grateful Dead albums.
A fairly average band, nothing special imo.

markbuntu
September 12th, 2009, 02:53 PM
I went to a few hundred dead shows but no, I am not a dead head.

nothingspecial
September 12th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I have some Grateful Dead albums.
A fairly average band, nothing special imo.

That`s because their albums are nothing special (like me:D)

Live, that`s where they came into their own.

I can only base this on recordings, I never saw them.

gn2
September 13th, 2009, 12:16 AM
I've seen videos of their live performances.
Like I said, nothing special.

nothingspecial
September 13th, 2009, 01:06 AM
I`m not going to argue because there`s no point.
Like Marmite
You either get it or you don`t.

RabbitWho
September 13th, 2009, 01:09 AM
If i start a thread about the Magnetic Fields will it be closed?

ulfj
September 13th, 2009, 01:12 AM
we're everywere,lots of shows with and without Jerry,saw them the first time in 1975 or so. what a long strange trip it's been!

Noah_Kapiolani
September 13th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Thank goodness my girlfriend in college really pushed for to go to the 91 or 92 Atlanta show! Awesome show and it really was surreal walking into a subculture of America gathering in one spot. The dead encouraged open recording of their shows and there are FLAC files out there (torrents) as well as mp3 files. I pick the FLAC type files because it is one type of lossless compression that is DRM free.

gn2
September 13th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I`m not going to argue because there`s no point.
Like Marmite
You either get it or you don`t.

There's nothing to argue, it's all just opinion.
As for marmite, it's just a waste product that should be thrown away imo.

nothingspecial
September 13th, 2009, 02:16 PM
As for marmite, it's just a waste product that should be thrown away imo.

I like marmite!

Maybe appreciation of the Dead and marmite are related in some way?