PDA

View Full Version : Shipit question

REBELinBLUE
August 16th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Am I right in understanding that if you ordered Warty you are suppose to automatically receive Hoary?

I have yet to receive anything, looking at my order history it says they were sent 01-01-2005 at 00:00:00 (although I suspect that is due to the change in the system or something) however I did receive them shortly after christmas.

So I'm just beginning to wonder why I haven't received anything yet, I know its a free service, but Breezy is due for release in 2 months

matthew
August 16th, 2005, 01:35 AM
Am I right in understanding that if you ordered Warty you are suppose to automatically receive Hoary?
I have never heard that...I was under the impression the opposite was true, that if you want the upgrade you either need to order or download new cds or apt-get dist-upgrade.

BWF89
August 16th, 2005, 01:39 AM
that if you want the upgrade you either need to order or download new cds or apt-get dist-upgrade.
So if you had Warty Warthog Ubuntu installed on your computer you could upgrade it to Hoary Hedgehog and so on without downloading, burning, and installing it from scratch again? Cool.

REBELinBLUE
August 16th, 2005, 01:51 AM
I have never heard that...I was under the impression the opposite was true, that if you want the upgrade you either need to order or download new cds or apt-get dist-upgrade.
Hmm, I could have sworn thats what I heard, plus if I log in to my account it doesn't allow me to order new CDs just change the quantity I receive

matthew
August 16th, 2005, 02:25 AM
So if you had Warty Warthog Ubuntu installed on your computer you could upgrade it to Hoary Hedgehog and so on without downloading, burning, and installing it from scratch again? Cool.
Right take a look at this page. (http://ubuntuguide.org/4.10/index.html#upgradewartytohoary)

Then I would recommend reading this page (http://ubuntuguide.org/) as a resource.

matthew
August 16th, 2005, 02:28 AM
Hmm, I could have sworn thats what I heard, plus if I log in to my account it doesn't allow me to order new CDs just change the quantity I receive
It is possible I am wrong, but I don't recall ever hearing anything like what you were saying. Did you try to email the shipit people from their web page?

REBELinBLUE
August 16th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Not yet I haven't but I will do, thanks for your help

im_ka
August 16th, 2005, 11:22 PM
i never received the 10 warty cd-s i ordered. but then i ordered 5 hoarys (a long ago) and i've just got them today

i even forgot that i ordered cd-s, it was fun guessing "who the hell is sending me a package from switzerland?" :)