PDA

View Full Version : Requesting help with DVD and AptOnCD

alinuxfan
October 10th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Ok, so here is the deal...basically, I tried to do an upgrade with a slow connection and now I have broken the system. I can't play movies, kaffeine and xine crash, firefox crashes, eclipse crashes...a whole lot of nonsense.

I am currently deployed to the middle east and I have no access to a high speed internet connection to download all these files that it is asking me to update. Is there anyone out there that could mail me a couple DVDs...one with gutsy (prefer kubuntu but at this point, the DE doesn't matter, I use ubuntu too) (I know it is beta, but it worked before I messed it up) and another with the commonly used packages that I would need: Netbeans, Eclipse and sun-java
codecs for everything including dvds
and anything else you can add to it. You can be creative. I am in the middle of a java programming class and I am willing to send money via paypal ito cover shipping and handling
you can email me or reply here

My addy:
Adam Jennings
TF 10-1
Camp Phoenix/Warehouse
APO AE 09320

Thank you in advance

Adam

bigbrovar
October 10th, 2007, 11:03 PM
I recently posted something similar here about needing help with ubuntu ultimate dvd ..although i never got any anybody to send me any..so i made up my mind to help any body i find in my situation...the problem is that what i have is feisty fawn dvd..and an aptcd that has all the codes u need including java,all the packages in the Ubuntu main repository and some of the coolest apps i have got totaling up to 4.5gbs ..am willing to post it to u..dont worry i would pay for the for the postal charges..if its ok with u..am just trying to do what i would have loved some else to do for me..

alinuxfan
October 11th, 2007, 06:51 PM
That is cool. I am good with whatever I can get my hands on that I will be able to program on, listen to music and watch my movies.
You have any games...like wesnoth, or any other signle player games to pass the time, on that DVD? :)

And if anyone else wants to, I'll take a gutsy one too. (Not trying to be greedy as I'll take what I can get, I just really wanted to try gutsy)

That sounds like a great idea. When I get back to a high speed connection, I will do the same. Maybe we need a central location on the website where we can help each other out when we are somewhere with a slow connection.

Adam