PDA

View Full Version : [IDEA]Ubuntu/Linux OpenSource RPG: Twin Lands

Achetar
October 9th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Alright, so I have this awesome Pen and Paper RPG called Twin Lands developed with some friends of mine. The original idea was for a computer game similar to Elder Scrolls. A few exceptions would be:

1. No Demonic Influences
I was never allowed to play ES as a kid because of the demonic stuff (imperial cult, Daedra)

2. Players would be able to create 'custom moves'
For example, in games like that you really dont have a very good range of motion. How about allowing the player to jump out of a tree and land on an enemy's shoulders, then gag and bind him, or straight out slit his throat?

3. Open Source! Forget the boxed Modability of ES (you can't create stuff that has nothing to do with the original game very easily) you would be able to change anything!

4 Multiplayer! Who wouldn't like to go bash some skeletons/Orcs/Goblins with their friends?

I have PDFs of game data. But no rulebook for the original game. But if you are interested tell me, i will upload the PDF game data for you to look at if you like.

I have created a SourceForge Project for it. Click Here to see it. (http://sourceforge.net/projects/twin-lands)

I currently need programmers most of all. Any artists who are interested, I would appreciate your help, I can draw, but not well enough for this!

The primary programming language is going to be C++. Hopefully with Python scripting support.

Achetar
October 22nd, 2007, 03:57 PM
Isn't anyone interested? I honestly think this is a good idea.