PDA

View Full Version : I know we're not all american here...

jr.gotti
October 9th, 2007, 06:06 AM
But who saw that Dallas / Bills game?!

Probably one of the craziest football games I've ever seen! Woo!

Spr0k3t
October 9th, 2007, 08:28 AM
The Bills are in Dallas now? What happened to the Cowboys?

yabbadabbadont
October 9th, 2007, 09:01 AM
The Bills are in Dallas now? What happened to the Cowboys?

Are you trying to be funny/sarcastic or do you really not understand that it is the "Dallas Cowboys vs Buffalo Bills"?

RomeReactor
October 9th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Are you trying to be funny/sarcastic or do you really not understand that it is the "Dallas Cowboys vs Buffalo Bills"?

I think Spr0k3t's chocolaty smiley says it all.

I don't watch much football as of late. Dolphins are terrible this year... as they were last year... and the year before...

Phil Airtime
October 9th, 2007, 10:47 AM
http://www.footballsms.co.uk/football.jpg http://www.stokecityfc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/7c/f3/0,,10310~3273596,00.jpg

Jimmey
October 9th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Wolverhampton Wanderers FTW. Stoke are poo.

Phil Airtime
October 9th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Wolverhampton Wanderers FTW. Stoke are poo.

How dare you! Fourth in the league, I'll have you know. This time next season, we'll be top.

Of the second division.

Spr0k3t
October 9th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I think Spr0k3t's chocolaty smiley says it all.

I don't watch much football as of late. Dolphins are terrible this year... as they were last year... and the year before...

You should try living under the thinly veiled shadow of "The Cheifs". American football seems to be a running joke around here. But seriously though, I forgot about the Buffalo Bills it's been so long.

notwen
October 9th, 2007, 12:34 PM
The game was fantastic, until the last minute or so. I was hoping the Bills would be able to hold the Cowboys off, but oh well. The Bengals are struggling this year, the one year w/o issues w/ the law and we are having issue son the field.

WHO DEY !!

multifaceted
October 9th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Stopped watching after the first half... wasn't very exciting at that point. Any game is exciting in comparison to my teams performance so far......:(

forrestcupp
October 9th, 2007, 01:48 PM
But the Colts are still undefeated!

Yeeeaaaahhh Baby.

reyfer
October 9th, 2007, 03:34 PM
A question for all the people from USA here: why is that sport called football, when they keep the ball in their hands all the time? Every time I see that, it reminds me of a joke I heard once in California:
"If firefighters fight fire, and crime-fighters fight crime, what on earth do freedom-fighters fight?":lolflag:

adamklempner
October 9th, 2007, 04:22 PM

Yeeeaaaahhh Baby.

As are the Patriots 8-)
I am looking forward to 11/4, Pats/Colts will be a lot of fun.

Nano Geek
October 9th, 2007, 04:38 PM
A question for all the people from USA here: why is that sport called football, when they keep the ball in their hands all the time? Every time I see that, it reminds me of a joke I heard once in California:
"If firefighters fight fire, and crime-fighters fight crime, what on earth do freedom-fighters fight?":lolflag:It all started after the first game they played, before they knew they needed to wear helmets, they were feeling a bit woozy, and were trying to decide what to name the new sport.

Knocked up Guy #1: "So what do you think we aught to call this new game?"

Knocked up Guy #2: "Well I don't know. We use our hands to throw the ball, so lets call it football."

Knocked up Guy #1: "Sounds good to me."

:lolflag:

octathlon
October 9th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Yes, that game was very weird; I can't believe the Cowboys managed to win!

From Wikipedia:

... the word originally referred to a variety of games in medieval Europe, which were played on foot.[4] These sports were usually played by peasants, as opposed to the horse-riding sports more often played by aristocrats. This explanation is supported by the fact that the word football has always implied a wide variety of games played on foot, not just those that revolved around kicking a ball.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_%28word%29
:-D

forrestcupp
October 9th, 2007, 05:39 PM
As are the Patriots 8-)
I am looking forward to 11/4, Pats/Colts will be a lot of fun.
The Pats are looking pretty scary this year with the Brady/Moss combo. They keep destroying teams even after the big video camera controversy. But I think that if the Colts have all their guys back, we'll kick the Pats' tails.

Knocked up Guy #1:
You're not from the US, are you? Over here, knocked up means pregnant.

It's kind of too late to change the name anyway. So what are we going to do?

jr.gotti
October 9th, 2007, 05:41 PM

That had me scratching for awhile too =]

Nano Geek
October 9th, 2007, 05:42 PM
The Pats are looking pretty scary this year with the Brady/Moss combo. They keep destroying teams even after the big video camera controversy. But I think that if the Colts have all their guys back, we'll kick the Pats' tails.

It's kind of too late to change the name anyway. So what are we going to do?Actually I'm from Texas.
I haven't heard anyone use that phrase that way over here.
Hmm. The stuff you learn.

Sporkman
October 9th, 2007, 06:30 PM
...and did anybody catch the spanking the Steelers administered to the Seahawks? Wow. I mean.... Wow.

:D

igknighted
October 9th, 2007, 06:34 PM

Yeeeaaaahhh Baby.

+1, I'm a big colts fan because of Freeny and Marvin (Syracuse University baby... it's all we got to cheer for until BBall season this year...)

aebacon
October 9th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I saw the first half and turned it off after that. After the Packers lost to the Bears I was not to interested in football Monday night, but was surprised to see that the Cowboys had won on the news last night.

Incense
October 9th, 2007, 08:00 PM
I'm in Denver where the Broncos played the WORST GAME EVER. OMG that was embarrassing!

At least we have baseball for now....Go Rockies!

yabbadabbadont
October 9th, 2007, 09:48 PM
You should try living under the thinly veiled shadow of "The Cheifs". American football seems to be a running joke around here. But seriously though, I forgot about the Buffalo Bills it's been so long.

I got a lot of sympathy in one of the baseball threads, because I admitted to being a Royals fan. Looks like the Chiefs are trying to play down to the Royals level this season. It just doesn't pay to be a MLB/NFL fan in the KC viewing area... :(

w7kmc
October 10th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Didn't think Dallas would pull it out so I went to bed early...but listened in to the end on radio as I fell asleep...switching between the MNF game and ALDS between the Indians and Yankess....it was sad listening to the last gasps of the Yankees. :( I guess there will be a lot of changes in NY next year. The MNF did sound real interesting on the radio though....

Spr0k3t
October 10th, 2007, 03:42 AM
I got a lot of sympathy in one of the baseball threads, because I admitted to being a Royals fan. Looks like the Chiefs are trying to play down to the Royals level this season. It just doesn't pay to be a MLB/NFL fan in the KC viewing area... :(

When it comes to baseball, I'm a huge cubbies fan. I've got banners, jerseys, kids play on little league with the name "cubs". The royals lost it after 87 and haven't looked back. I'd say 87 was their last decent year.

jr.gotti
October 10th, 2007, 04:32 AM
At least we have baseball for now....Go Rockies!

Ugh...I'm a die-hard Philadelphia fan. Need I say more?