PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion:Pick Overall Theme Colour At Install?

reidbold
October 9th, 2007, 04:26 AM
Here's an idea I'm throwing out. Some people are turned off overall by the brown, it's easy to change.. but could be easier. Suggestion: An install-time option that let's the user choose the overall system theme colour at install time.

Let's hear some thoughts.

LowSky
October 9th, 2007, 04:39 AM
The less options the better in my opinion. It just means less can go wrong at installation. It isn't that hard to change anyway.

RAV TUX
October 9th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Here's an idea I'm throwing out. Some people are turned off overall by the brown, it's easy to change.. but could be easier. Suggestion: An install-time option that let's the user choose the overall system theme colour at install time.

Let's hear some thoughts.Actually Elive Gem 1.0 does this and it is quite nice, they have a day and night theme....

I guess Ubuntu could have a Brown Human theme and a Green Alien theme. ;)

Ireclan
October 9th, 2007, 04:57 AM
I guess Ubuntu could have a Brown Human theme and a Green Alien theme.

YES.

smartboyathome
October 9th, 2007, 05:00 AM

Let's hear some thoughts.

Never going to happen, as Ubuntu devs believe in keeping the install process as simple as possible.

Frak
October 9th, 2007, 05:01 AM
KISS
Keep It Simple Stupid

Incense
October 9th, 2007, 05:02 AM
The new Gnome made it very easy to change, so I don't think Ubuntu would need to. It's in the same dialog as the change you wallpaper now. Maybe they could include more themes out of the box though.