PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Store

cameran
October 8th, 2007, 08:59 PM
hello,

i saw the new ubuntu store and wanted to buy a t-shirt. however, i do not know if the t-shirts sold are sweatshop free. does anyone know if the shirts sold at the ubuntu store are sweatshop free or not?

thank you,

cameran

ssam
October 8th, 2007, 10:19 PM
you should probably email them to check.

ps:
did you take the solar photos on your site? i didn't think you could get pictures like that from the earth.

Tomosaur
October 8th, 2007, 10:21 PM
On the 'contact us' page they say this:

Q. Are the items on the Canonical Shop Organic/Fair Trade?
A. Currently the products are not Organic or Fair Trade, however all our items are ethically sourced and produced and we will never use any source that uses child labour.

I imagine 'ethically sourced' means that no sweatshops are used. It may be worth asking them via this page: https://shop.canonical.com/contact_us.php to make sure :)

Ebuntor
October 8th, 2007, 10:39 PM
did you take the solar photos on your site? i didn't think you could get pictures like that from the earth.

Me neither, those are really some beautiful photo's :) Added your site to my bookmarks.

ericartman
October 8th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Love your Photo equipment. and deep sky pics.

Cart

cameran
October 9th, 2007, 04:09 PM
hello everyone,

thanks for letting me know about the store being ethically sound. I am glad to hear it! makes ordering so much easier :)

yes, i did take those photos. thank you all for the nice words! it's a very fun hobby and rewarding. in fact it inspired me to do my masters thesis on light pollution!

cameran

grindbox69
November 18th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Good Luck with ordering anything from the US Store. I made a small $70 order, paid an extra $20 for airmail. well its 4 days later and nothing. When I try to contact the store I also get no reply. I have called Saint Loius, MO information to get a phone number and there is no listing with the address posted on the website. Buyer Beware

bufsabre666
November 18th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Good Luck with ordering anything from the US Store. I made a small $70 order, paid an extra $20 for airmail. well its 4 days later and nothing. When I try to contact the store I also get no reply. I have called Saint Loius, MO information to get a phone number and there is no listing with the address posted on the website. Buyer Beware

i ordered a hat and 2 sticker packs and paid for normal shipping and it came to ~19$, arrived 3 days later, so maybe its just you who had the bad experience, or maybe its just me who had the good one, theres two sides to every argument, but from what i see about the store it seems most people have good experiences

beanman
November 18th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Wow, that is sad.. I have made a few orders to the store, and it has always arrived very quickly and correct.. sorry to hear... I wonder what is up?

Mason Whitaker
November 18th, 2008, 08:48 PM

In almost all of your posts, you've been bashing the US store -_-;