PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite pre-installed Game in *buntu?

vishzilla
October 8th, 2007, 04:24 AM
I like Four in a row

LaRoza
October 8th, 2007, 04:31 AM
Gnometris, I play it all the time.

SuperTux and FrozenBubble are games that come with other distros by default sometimes and are also must-haves.

RAV TUX
October 8th, 2007, 04:33 AM
I like Four in a row

Solarwolf and Ksudoku

misfitpierce
October 8th, 2007, 04:34 AM
Four in a row prob

-grubby
October 8th, 2007, 04:38 AM
none! I hate them all!(well except gnometris)

Sunflower1970
October 8th, 2007, 04:41 AM
Mahjongg, Gnometris, Freecell, and Mines..

Then I installed Frozen-Bubble from the repos. Love it, love it love it...

init1
October 8th, 2007, 04:41 AM
I like kolf and ktron, even though I have never used Kubuntu. I assume that they are there.

mthei
October 8th, 2007, 04:46 AM
I like Gnometris and Aisleriot, but I've since removed the games in favour for emulators, as those were the only two I actually played.
But yeah, FrozenBubbles fills the Snood-shaped void in my heart since switching to Linux.

FranMichaels
October 8th, 2007, 04:53 AM
Mines 8) (gnomine according to about box)

Celegorm
October 8th, 2007, 06:33 AM
I like gnometris best of the pre-installed games, but my favorites from the repos are angband, nethack, frozen bubble and bastet.

mridkash
October 8th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Chess

:-({|=

aninaiian
October 8th, 2007, 07:01 AM
gnometris (never made it past level 16, too fast) and tetravex (the default 3x3 was nice to play when I made it to class early and had a little time to spare as they only take around 25-40 secs to solve).

However, I don't have gnome-games installed anymore. Now, I play gridwars 2 and wesnoth religiously.

Bungo Pony
October 8th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Tali is great - I've always loved Yahtzee. Nibbles reminds me of that old Intellivision game Snafu. Lately, I've been hooked on Blackjack.

For non-default linux games, I like SuperTux.

adamorjames
October 8th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Nibbles!!!!! :lolflag:

corney91
October 8th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Definately Same Gnome

reppekjeks
November 12th, 2007, 03:12 AM
I actually like many pre-installed games.

I often play:
Mines
Nibbles (although it doesn't save scores, and contains other bugs)
Tetravex

I sometimes play:
Mahjongg
Sudoku
Tali
Klotski

The rest of the games I play very rarely or not at all. Gnometris uses 100% CPU after a short while (a reported bug) so I don't play that at all. But I'm pretty tired of tetris games anyway so I guess I wouldn't have played it a lot anyway.

Mines is the game I play the most, but I don't know if it's my favourite. It might be :)

I would love to see Kakuro in future versions. Something like the Kakuro game on this site: http://www.atksolutions.com/games/kakuro.html
Here you can click a sum to get all possible number combinations, and color codes marks if a sum is incorrect.