PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best desktop session recorder?

RAV TUX
October 8th, 2007, 03:49 AM
What do you use?

I have installed Istanbul, but I am not sure it works in e17 CVS?

Any other options out there?

loell
October 8th, 2007, 03:52 AM
recordmydesktop, just make sure you invoke gtk-recrodmydesktop in xterm as e17 does not have any tray :)

press ctrl + c to quit. got to your home, you should find an *.ogg file there.

RageOfOrder
October 8th, 2007, 08:16 AM
recordmydesktop, just make sure you invoke gtk-recrodmydesktop in xterm as e17 does not have any tray :)

press ctrl + c to quit. got to your home, you should find an *.ogg file there.

That's what I use as well, but I load up kicker for my tray usually. I suppose I could use kooldock, or Kiba-Dock and xcompmgr, or something else instead, but kicker works too.

Good ol E17... So much ****in potential and it doesn't even have its own systray

loell
October 8th, 2007, 08:23 AM
oops you might wanna be careful of choice of words in there ;)

i already forgot the reason behind it, but i thought i remember it has something to do with systray no implementing a standard or something, that e devs will just wait until its clearly defined. though open for correction on this.

popch
October 8th, 2007, 10:18 AM
VMWare can record the desktop of the 'guest' machine.

maagimies
October 8th, 2007, 12:07 PM
i already forgot the reason behind it, but i thought i remember it has something to do with systray no implementing a standard or something, that e devs will just wait until its clearly defined. though open for correction on this.Actually, Rasterman just doesn't like the idea of a systray, and said that he won't be implementing it in enlightenment. He suggested using a trayer program or something similiar.

Polygon
October 8th, 2007, 02:53 PM
i find xvidcap to be the best one, takes the best quality videos in my opinion after testing them a lot out

and there is a standard for the systray by the freedesktop foundation or whatever... thats why programs like pidgin work in gnome..xfce and even kde