PDA

View Full Version : wow! KDE-Gusty has a monitor selector!!

kvonb
October 7th, 2007, 10:11 AM
I just tried the latest beta of kubuntu 7.10 (Gusty Gibbon - a monkey that ate too many bananas? Phew what a stink! :lolflag:).

(yes I know it's supposed to be Gutsy, but even that has stinky overtones, or is it just my dislike of primates ;) )

I found a monitor hardware selector under System Settings -> Monitor & Display -> Hardware.

Finally a fix to all the monitor problems!

I'm not sure if this was included in any previous releases though, I haven't seen it before, although I have never actually installed kubuntu before either.

Now to try the standard ubuntu (Gnome) version and see if that has the equivalent.

Well done :).

debianchick
October 7th, 2007, 10:59 AM
I just tried the latest beta of kubuntu 7.10 (Gusty Gibbon - a monkey that ate too many bananas? Phew what a stink! :lolflag:).

(yes I know it's supposed to be Gutsy, but even that has stinky overtones, or is it just my dislike of primates ;) )

I found a monitor hardware selector under System Settings -> Monitor & Display -> Hardware.

Finally a fix to all the monitor problems!

I'm not sure if this was included in any previous releases though, I haven't seen it before, although I have never actually installed kubuntu before either.

Now to try the standard ubuntu (Gnome) version and see if that has the equivalent.

Well done :).

KDE does not come with a monitor selection tool that is only in Gnome and not to surprising to find it in KDE in Gnome based distros. Kubuntu IMO, is Gnome with a few KDE apps. If you want pure KDE with out the Gnome garbage -ah- I mean files:-P "Getting Back to a pure KDE on Ubuntu (http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/purekde)" Or, if you really want to learn Linux install KDE from source.