PDA

View Full Version : Gutsy ftw!

blithen
October 7th, 2007, 12:57 AM
so I moved to gutsy awhile back, but ever sinced I moved, I have been getting major lag spikes. Does anyone else get this?

n3tfury
October 7th, 2007, 12:59 AM
so I moved to gutsy awhile back, but ever sinced I moved, I have been getting major lag spikes. Does anyone else get this?

aren't you the same guy with the corrupted .iso problems?

blithen
October 7th, 2007, 01:01 AM
yeah, so you think it's comcast still?
Though before I switched to gutsy I never had this problem.

n3tfury
October 7th, 2007, 01:02 AM
i don't recall if i posted in that thread of yours, but it seems like it's a comcast issue. have you ran any line tests at dslreports?

blithen
October 7th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Just did
Download: 2.7MB/s
Upload: 335KB/s
Latency: 116ms
So my connection is weak do you think?

n3tfury
October 7th, 2007, 01:18 AM
go to the tools section and check your line quality and maybe even the new smokeping test which will put your packets through their paces :) you'll need to sign up (free) but these tools are very much worth it.

i'm only speculating here though. it's just a bit of a coincidence that your .iso's are corrupted and now you're getting nasty lag spikes.

n3tfury
October 7th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Just did
Download: 2.7MB/s
Upload: 335KB/s
Latency: 116ms
So my connection is weak do you think?

your upload kind of sucks, but that's not a deal breaker. which server did you wind up using? do you remember the town it was located in? try this test also and try and use a server in the same locale.

http://www.speedtest.net/

it'll match one up to you automatically, but it would be ideal to have them within the same city, but not a necessity.

SpiritIsReality
October 7th, 2007, 02:09 AM
howdy

gftw2

buds