PDA

View Full Version : Problem running program with a shared library I created

foo-bar
October 6th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Hello there,

I've created a simple 2D game engine using SDL, and it all builds fine into a shared library file 'libsdlboo.so'. Now, I am trying to make a test / example program using this library, and it builds fine (and links fine to the library I have created). The problem is that when I attempt to run the program, it says the following:

./sdlboo_pong: error while loading shared libraries: libsdlboo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The file is in the same directory as the executable, and the permissions look fine to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Anthony

dwhitney67
October 7th, 2007, 02:47 AM
Try fidgeting with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. In other words, try setting it to the location where your shared-library resides.

If that doesn't work, then add an entry to /etc/ld.so.conf or create a file (with a .conf extension) within /etc/ld.so.conf.d that contains the path to your library.

Do you have other applications that will use this shared library? If not, then why are you using a shared library? Consider statically linking the library to your application.