PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks already!

Phil Airtime
October 6th, 2007, 09:39 PM
It's only the sixth of October and already we've got bangs and fizzes going off outside like a war zone. I presume the local iffy firework shop's back in business for the autumn. Boo!

science4sail
October 6th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Pardon me for my cultural ignorance, but is there umm...anything firework-y going on soon?

n3tfury
October 6th, 2007, 09:42 PM
indeed. fireworks during autumn?

Phil Airtime
October 6th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Eh? There's always fireworks around Bonfire Night, but that's a month away... seems a bit previous to waste all your fireworks in October.

n3tfury
October 6th, 2007, 10:10 PM
well we don't have bonfire night in the US. fourth of july pretty much sums up fireworks around these parts.

Phil Airtime
October 6th, 2007, 10:12 PM
well we don't have bonfire night in the US. fourth of july pretty much sums up fireworks around these parts.

Fireworks in summer sounds a bit of a waste of time, you'd have to have them at midnight!

n3tfury
October 6th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Fireworks in summer sounds a bit of a waste of time, you'd have to have them at midnight!

not midnight, but when it's dusk they start firing them off. i love fireworks too so it's a shame it's only big one evening of the year.

Lord Illidan
October 6th, 2007, 10:17 PM
In Malta, we have village feasts every week in Summer..so fireworks are pretty much going off every other night!

Samhain13
October 6th, 2007, 10:20 PM
You'll be surprised to know that in my country, it's not unusual to hear/see New Year fireworks in November. Hehehehe!

n3tfury
October 6th, 2007, 10:25 PM
In Malta, we have village feasts every week in Summer..so fireworks are pretty much going off every other night!

as long as i could see them, that wouldn't bother me one bit!

Lord Illidan
October 6th, 2007, 10:30 PM
as long as i could see them, that wouldn't bother me one bit!

Sure, if they're going off at night, then they're spectacular. My beef is with the petards, you know, huge fireworks with no colours, just a huge bang..and they're mostly let off in the daytime....but then it's mostly nostalgia for WWII :P

n3tfury
October 6th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Sure, if they're going off at night, then they're spectacular. My beef is with the petards, you know, huge fireworks with no colours, just a huge bang..and they're mostly let off in the daytime....but then it's mostly nostalgia for WWII :P

yeah exactly. nothing worse than your next door neighbor setting off small explosives haphazardly too. i prefer to leave that stuff to the pros.