PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Gutsy Release Party Locations!!1!1!111!!!1eleventy!!

Bordy
October 6th, 2007, 07:02 PM
We are trying to gauge where people would most like to have a Gutsy release party, nothing enormous, since it is on a Thursday. If there is enough interest (post below the Poll) we will hold a separate one on Saturday so more can make it.

Vote below for where you would be willing to go for a party! We can obviously hold regional ones, just seeing where it is worth the effort. And if you are interested in organizing it (ie finding a venue and securing it for the team) please post below as well

qrprat77
October 7th, 2007, 11:15 PM
I would kinda like to meet on saturday, like daytime though.
I think I work that weekend.

PocketBrain
October 8th, 2007, 03:49 AM
If I'm not working on that Saturday, then sure. Hey, do we bring our own newly burned CD's? I got LightScrib workin' on my PC.

p.s. yay, first post, first vote!

Linuturk
October 11th, 2007, 01:12 AM
Tallahassee ?

;p

chriscri
October 11th, 2007, 05:09 AM
I voted for Cocoa... but I would gladly go to Orlando if needs be....

Bordy
October 11th, 2007, 12:55 PM
I left the poll open to vote in multiple places if you want ;)

pak33m
October 12th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Hey everybody,

I modified the Gutsy Release Party page for everybody interested to sign up (so to speak) and make suggestions on the place(s) for the parties.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FloridaTeam/Projects/GutsyReleaseParty

Let me know if you would like help editing the page.

I really would like to at least get a party in Orlando (since it is in the lead) going on the day of the release which is October 18. I know it is a Thursday, but all we really have to do just meet and hang out.

ALWatts
October 12th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Hey, im both new to the Ubuntu Forum and to LoCo Florida :), I've been running Ubuntu for about 6 months now. I''l begin developing soon when i get some free time. Im really interested in meeting the rest of the group. I live in Melbourne FL about an hour from Orlando so if possible i would really like to attend it there. I vote for Orlando, I hope to meet you guys soon.

C.A.T.S. CEO
October 14th, 2007, 04:35 AM
Is anything definite yet? Where are we meeting in orlando?

Bordy
October 14th, 2007, 05:22 AM
I think Pak33m should head that one up, we need someone to step up to the plate and pick a location, because committee is not going to work on this sort of thing. lol

pak33m
October 14th, 2007, 04:41 PM
I think Pak33m should head that one up, we need someone to step up to the plate and pick a location, because committee is not going to work on this sort of thing. lol

Yeppers, I will head it no problem. I just broke the news to my wife that the party on Thursday night will be at our house. Ha ha ha! Just joking.

Check out the Gutsy Release Party page if you have any questions about who, where, what and why.

I have selected a few places for the party on Thursday October 18th in Orlando and I will work out the details in the next few days. However we need others to take the lead in other locations.

We will be discussing this in more detail in our meeting today.

bodycoach2
October 15th, 2007, 06:11 PM
I liike the idea of doing it at Panera at Mall of Millennia. I could probably make that.

However, I have to admit that I'm reluctant to upgrade (any release, not just this one). I usually wait at least two week, just in case there are any major breaks, or minor bugs that would mess with my system.

Is anyone else hesistant about upgrading immediately?

pak33m
October 15th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Hey everybody,

The details of the Gutsy Release Party Orlando are now final as of the team meeting on October 14, 2007.

Date: October 18, 2007

Time :7 PM EST

Where: Panera (Mall at Millennia) 4200 Conroy Road Orlando, FL 32839

What: Meet n' Greet n' Eat, Discuss new features of Gutsy and GNOME and install Gutsy

This will be the first release party for the team and may be a smaller event, but certainly should be a good time overall. I pak33m will get there as early as possible to get a place to accommodate us all. Bring and share whatever you would like. If you plan to attend please add your info to the Show of Hands on the Gutsy Release Party page.

This is only one of a few parties that we are planning. I wanted to get this party together for people that could make it on the day of the release.

Contact me if you have any questions and/or concerns.

Jimmy (pak33m)

pak33m
October 15th, 2007, 09:38 PM
I had to change the location because the Mall at Mallenia does not have a room. However the location at lake Buena Vista has like a whole computer room for us to use.

If we close the door then we have to get catering form them. We can just walk into the room at 7 pm and do our thing. The guy I talked with says that if we come in at 7 pm that would be the perfect time for us because the room would be all ours.

Sorry for the change but i think that this location would work our better for us considering that we would be struggling for space.

The location in Lake Buena Vista is on Vineland between Dixie Stampede and the outlets stores.

Let me know if you need some help and/or have some input.