PDA

View Full Version : chaining bootloaders

evejones
October 6th, 2007, 04:53 PM
I just installed fedora and as a newbie went and allowed grub to run from fedora rather than from ubuntu grub. I can`t seem to get ubuntu running via chaining bootloaders. i would rather either chain or use ubuntu loader. i am just playing at the moment with them and intend on installing more linux systems. i am an undergrad and have to learn the differences between them all. any help getting them to run from the same bootloader or chaining would be appreciated. i did check the help file but nothing works so far. i know i could copy the settings from ubuntu to fedora but seeing as i am installing more systems such as debian and suse i want to do the easiest thing for now.

por100pre1
October 7th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Please read this (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=364680) thread. If you need further help let us know. Sorry for the delay. :(

evejones
October 8th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks.

evejones
October 8th, 2007, 01:07 PM
I have got it back to Ubuntu and copied the Fedora settings from grub.conf to menu.lst under ubuntu. I can`t get the hang of chainloading it yet from ubuntu to fedora so i will have to manually add any upgrades to menu.lst. not ideal if i want to install more linux to test but workable for now. any ideas?
Thanks for the help so far. :)