PDA

View Full Version : Need good text editor!

Wuu
October 6th, 2007, 03:26 PM
I need text editor ,where i can set my own highlight colors and words!!
Dont like Vim (gVim) at all... I need simple one like gphpEdit or gEdit ,but with my highlight colors and words!

v8YKxgHe
October 6th, 2007, 04:03 PM
You can change the highlighting colors of gEdit and gPHPEdit - you know?

drivel
October 6th, 2007, 04:31 PM
gedit or kate?
all support high light

Wuu
October 6th, 2007, 04:41 PM
You can change the highlighting colors of gEdit and gPHPEdit - you know?
i need to create my own! I don't find any option tho do it in gEdit or gPhpEdit :(

John.Michael.Kane
October 6th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Geany also allows editing of the colors for syntax highlighting.
http://geany.uvena.de/manual/index.html#styling-section

HermanAB
October 6th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Even the HTML editors like Quanta Plus can do what you want and gawd forbid - Vim.

p_quarles
October 6th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Try SciTE. You'll have to create your own custom configuration for your highlighting scheme, but it uses a pretty intuitive config file structure.

Celegorm
October 6th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Emacs! Yes I know, I'm not being very helpful...

I second Geany, it's my favorite IDE (after vim, heh).

mips
October 6th, 2007, 05:13 PM
nedit maybe ?

southernman
October 6th, 2007, 05:24 PM
i need to create my own! I don't find any option tho do it in gEdit or gPhpEdit :(

It's under Edit > Preferences... fgs poke around a bit

toupeiro
October 6th, 2007, 05:27 PM
I understand what you are saying by not liking vi. I didn't like it at first. but now that I've learned vi and vim and have been using it primarily for a few years, I couldn't imagine going back.

pico and emacs were the ones I used to use.

Wuu
October 6th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Geany also allows editing of the colors for syntax highlighting.
http://geany.uvena.de/manual/index.html#styling-section
Not working and i missing all config files what is asked in manual :(

It's under Edit > Preferences... fgs poke around a bitnop

Emacs!i haw emacs it worse editor that i see ewer! You cant even use mouse scroll..

Maybe somebody don't understood what i really need!
I need to add my own "keyword" and set my own colors i dont want
to re color php colors or else i need new ,my own! For such keywords like this

ON=@Success
if (RAND(15)=1) && (<src.mining>>=100.0) &&(<src.findlayer.layer_hand1.baseid>=i_pickaxe_my theril)
serv.newnpc { c_elemental_Oldtined 1}
new.move 0
return 0
ENDIF

Frak
October 6th, 2007, 05:46 PM
What about Emacs or editor/pico?

CLI based, probably doesn't highlight, but lightning quick and surely gets the job done :)

Wuu
October 6th, 2007, 05:58 PM
What about Emacs or editor/pico?

CLI based, probably doesn't highlight, but lightning quick and surely gets the job done :)
i am losing hope... i work with highlights 4 years and i was using Win. Now i need to start writing scripts... so if i dont get any text editor i will haw to use win ****!

Frak
October 6th, 2007, 06:04 PM
i am losing hope... i work with highlights 4 years and i was using Win. Now i need to start writing scripts... so if i dont get any text editor i will haw to use win ****!
Notepad2 under Wine?

Celegorm
October 6th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Emacs!i haw emacs it worse editor that i see ewer! You cant even use mouse scroll..

I was joking :roll:

p_quarles
October 6th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Did you see my earlier suggestion? Give SciTE a try. You'll have to manually add your special keyword to the config file, but if you do scripting that shouldn't be a problem.

southernman
October 6th, 2007, 06:11 PM
withdrawn

Wuu
October 6th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Did you see my earlier suggestion? Give SciTE a try. You'll have to manually add your special keyword to the config file, but if you do scripting that shouldn't be a problem.
i dont understand config file at all and documentation is empty any help?

i haw keyword if and keyword endif how can i make them pink or else ? And how can i set the like bold/italic style?
So i haw text like this
[function xxxx]
if 1=1
src.sysmessage test
endif

p_quarles
October 6th, 2007, 06:44 PM
SciTE comes with full documentation. I still think that if you're able to write a working script, you can figure this out for yourself. In any case, that's a support request and you should take that to one of the support forums.

Frak
October 6th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Notepad2 under Wine?

Wuu
October 6th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Done with gedit :KS