PDA

View Full Version : Wine Restarts X

Baerun
October 5th, 2007, 03:43 AM
Whenever I try to use wine with a game (only tried Soldat and Silkroad Online) it will restart X. I have found a bunch of other people with the same problem but they are unable to run anything on wine or even winecfg without it restarting where as I have no problem running winecfg or simple apps like notepad. Also most of them were using nVidia cards.

I am on a macbook with an intel mobile 945GM/GMS/940GML express using Feisty fawn. I can't see the error message if there is any because X restarts.

Is there someway I can view a log of wine or something? Or does anyone know of this problem?

Baerun
October 8th, 2007, 08:48 AM
I've been googling a lot more for this and still haven't been able to find much.
I checked my syslog and got:

Oct 8 00:59:44 jesse-laptop gconfd (jesse-6373): Received signal 15, shutting down cleanly
Oct 8 00:59:44 jesse-laptop gdm[6307]: gdm_slave_xioerror_handler: Fatal X error - Restarting :0
Oct 8 00:59:44 jesse-laptop gconfd (jesse-6373): Exiting

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ratsock
October 8th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Me too. I've been having a similar problem where wine restarts X and loses all my dual screen settings (then proceeds to use the wrong monitor to display any fullscreen programs)

shearer619
December 18th, 2007, 02:57 PM
My system hangs when I try to run wine. I'm running Gutsy Gibbon .I downloaded and installed it using synaptic.