PDA

View Full Version : g++ #pragma warning equivalent?

aks44
October 4th, 2007, 07:05 PM
I've been looking for a g++ way to temporarily disable a warning, something like VC++ #pragma warning(...) and BCC #pragma warn. My warning options are too high for boost (thus many garbage is output by g++), and I don't want to lower them for my own code...

Any ideas? (ST*W didn't yield any relevant result :()

hod139
October 4th, 2007, 09:43 PM
There is #pragma GCC diagnostic (http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Diagnostic-Pragmas.html)

But I've never used them, and I don't know if they have the same push/pop stack syntax as the windows pragma

aks44
October 4th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. #pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "-Wwhatever-option" just adds one more warning: "ignoring #pragma GCC diagnostic". Those GNU people have a strange sense of humour... :-|

Oh well, I guess it's a bit too late right now for me to sort it out tonight, I'll check that again tomorrow...

hod139
October 5th, 2007, 01:30 AM
That's kinda funny. Seriously though, it looks like the diagnostic pragmas were just introduced, and are only availing in gcc 4.2.1. Sorry.

aks44
October 5th, 2007, 05:18 PM
the diagnostic pragmas were just introduced, and are only availing in gcc 4.2.1.

Indeed. I guess I'll have to live with it then, whether I like it or not.
I just hope that Gutsy will ship 4.2.1. :p