PDA

View Full Version : How do you manage your time?

milosz.galazka
October 4th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Hello,

How do you manage your time?

Yes, I had problem with it and most of my time after work is lost...
I am starting to use calendar on my computer so at least I have view at things that I want to achieve but I am trying too much at once so I can't finish anything ;p

Maybe you could share some tips or story :)

50words
October 4th, 2007, 06:09 PM
A good calendar, a place to collect the ideas, tasks, and other things that pop into your head, and good lists. Give David Allen's Getting Things Done (GTD) a try. It isn't perfect, but using the basic principles has been really beneficial to me.

On my computer, I can use pretty much anything to manage my lists of tasks, calendar, and contacts, but I prefer Outlook. Evolution is fine, but the interface is not quite as efficient, and it is missing some features from its task, calendar, and contact management that are very nice to have.

Sunbird is good, as well, but suffers from the same problems as Evolution.

I sync my Treo with Outlook and keep a little notebook with me to collect tasks as they pop into my head.

notwen
October 4th, 2007, 06:54 PM
If you'd like to avoid a large email application like Outlook, Evolution, Thunderbird you may be interested in Rainlendar (http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php). It's a small calendar app that includes events and a todo list along w/ timer popups, etc. Very useful if you're around your PC a lot during the day. Let me know what you think. =]

milosz.galazka
October 4th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Thanks for yours replies. I decided to use kontact as it integrates kcalendar with kmail so I can store everything on mail server so maybe I could even sync with outlook at work (but I didn't used it yet).

I made some research about GDT using google, thanks for mentioning it :)

Rainlendar looks like good supplement for main calendar app as it looks quite nice...

I need to take some sleep :) Thanks