PDA

View Full Version : ut2004 installation prob

daejavu
August 13th, 2005, 10:23 PM
hi .. im trying to instal UT2004 ... i run the linux-installer.sh prog .. and then after entring the serial it starts the installation ..
but after just one second it ask "Please mount the UT2004 Play CD".

in my dvd there are 6 folders names CD1 to CD6 in which all the cds were copied ..means that the dvd contains a collection of all the 6 cds .. the game canbe installed from windows but it says to mount the play cd after start installation !!

what to do ?

sapo
August 13th, 2005, 11:07 PM
hehe its a very dumb stuff with the ut2k4 installation

just copy the install.sh to a folder in you pc and run it from there... it will work ;)

daejavu
August 14th, 2005, 07:52 AM
i tried to copy the WHOLE game in the linux partition and install it from there but unfortunately the goddam installer says the same thing !! :|

sapo
August 14th, 2005, 03:02 PM
i tried to copy the WHOLE game in the linux partition and install it from there but unfortunately the goddam installer says the same thing !! :|

lol.. dont copy the whole game.. copy just the installer.. it worked here without problems after copying the installer :-P

daejavu
August 14th, 2005, 03:47 PM
did that too ... and it says the same thing .. !!

woooo .. .wait a minute !!
did u meant that cp JUSSTTT the install file i.e. linux-installer.sh into the hdd and run that ?

sapo
August 14th, 2005, 03:52 PM
did that too ... and it says the same thing .. !!

thats wierd http://ubuntuforums.org/images/smilies/eusa_think.gif

daejavu
August 14th, 2005, 04:24 PM
did u meant that cp JUSSTTT the install file i.e. linux-installer.sh into the hdd and run that ?

sapo
August 14th, 2005, 04:53 PM

yes.. just the install.sh

did you copy the full DVD? :|

daejavu
August 14th, 2005, 09:49 PM
i got bad news dude .. i tried that and it failed as well

heres whats happening in case somethins missed ...

i throw the dvd in the drive..
it auto mounts it on /media/cdrom1/ (i got 2 roms so i got cdrom,cdrom0,cdrom1)
i cp the installer
run it
and it says please mount the play cd in the drive ](*,)

crane
August 16th, 2005, 05:11 AM
Hey man just did some searching for you and found something. Enter this command before executing the installer.
export SETUP_CDROM=/media/cdrom/
or
export SETUP_CDROM=/media/dvd/
My dvd player is mounted under /media/cdrom/ But I would check to make sure it's not mounted under /media/dvd/

Just put in the disk and go to you media file and see where the ut2k4 cd is mounted.

I'll put this or at Linux gaming Clan forums as well.