PDA

View Full Version : Program to crash Windows

popch
October 3rd, 2007, 08:48 PM
The (..) website contains a wealth of(..) tools. One of these tools is NotMyFault, distributed with the (..) book, a program and driver that can crash a Windows XP system in several different ways. Download and install NotMyFault onto a client system (..). Run NotMyFault.exe, select a crash type and click on “Do Bug”.

Harvesting Error Reports from Windows Systems, Microsoft Corp, Redmond WA USA

How utterly surprising. There are also products to make water wetter. And that's true.

Mazza558
October 3rd, 2007, 10:08 PM
I think there's a built in crash mode on Vista. I think it's Super+E (you have to hold the combo down) :)

n3tfury
October 3rd, 2007, 10:36 PM
there's a built in crash in XP too. big deal.

init1
October 3rd, 2007, 11:04 PM
I think there's a built in crash mode on Vista. I think it's Super+E (you have to hold the combo down) :)
Works in XP, too. It's a great prank: "Hey, if it's not working, try holding the windows button and e". It launches a bunch of windows explorer windows, which will restart the computer because windows by default has a maximum number of windows that can be open at once. I think it's around 52.

rickyjones
October 4th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Works in XP, too. It's a great prank: "Hey, if it's not working, try holding the windows button and e". It launches a bunch of windows explorer windows, which will restart the computer because windows by default has a maximum number of windows that can be open at once. I think it's around 52.

I'm not trying to be mean here, but have you ever used Windows XP and tried that? I just did - computer never crashed or even hung. I kept hitting the WinKey + E until it stopped opening new windows. Everything is A-OK.

-Richard