PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Linux/FOSS Job

JawsThemeSwimming428
October 1st, 2007, 02:43 PM
Hello everyone! I am looking for a job related to Linux, FOSS, or something along those lines. I am not the most knowledgeable Linux user ( I have been using Ubuntu for two years), nor am I a programmer or anything like that. I have a pretty good knowledge of Windows (so I do have a technical background) and I am ok with hardware. If I had to rate my computer/technical skills I would say I am a 7. As far as other skills, I am a pretty decent writer. I wouldn't mind using that if it related to something with Linux/FOSS. I don't want to move away from home (Southeastern PA), nor do I want to commute TOO far (not more than an hour).
I am looking for any ideas, comments, constructive criticisms that can help me in my search. If you have any questions about me that you feel would help you better make a suggestion please feel free to ask. Thanks in advance for your help!

strabes
October 1st, 2007, 03:19 PM
You should check out the career page (http://www.ubuntu.com/employment) on canonical's website.

JawsThemeSwimming428
October 1st, 2007, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the link, that is on the right track but not quite what I am looking for. Any other ideas?