PDA

View Full Version : Gamers look.....

KingBahamut
August 12th, 2005, 07:38 PM
What do you guys think?

The videos look scarily awesome.

http://www.projectoffset.com/

Probably belongs in gamer forum, but the sheer graphical nature of this should astound everyone, not just gamers.

Kyral
August 12th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Will it run on Linux?

Lord Illidan
August 12th, 2005, 07:48 PM
*mouth drops*

The screen shots are Spectacular with a capital S!! Man, I hope that this game will be ported to Linux.. Graphically it seems Excellent...and I haven't even seen the videos yet. Shows what a 3 man team with a small budget can do if they have the will and determination!

sapo
August 12th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Sounds good... but if it isnt planning to run on linux its another worthless stuff for me :roll:

KingBahamut
August 12th, 2005, 08:00 PM
I was quite amazed, and If I have to run it under cedega with a performance hit, im going to do it, or find a way.....Clearly monstrously phenomenal.

Hmmmm...mebbe if we can get some huge FOSS donation going to these guys, theyll open the code a bit, no?

Stormy Eyes
August 12th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Pretty, but I've seen pretty promo screenshots for games whose real graphics have proven to be relatively crappy -- like Final Fantasy VIII. I'll believe when I see the game in action.

RastaMahata
August 12th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Pretty, but I've seen pretty promo screenshots for games whose real graphics have proven to be relatively crappy -- like Final Fantasy VIII. I'll believe when I see the game in action.
I think (from the text in the website) that those screenshots are taken from the engine.
But yeah, Most developers release screenshots of their engines without any AI, audio and/or user input running, so they can get the most out of the graphics card (And the final version gets lower grade graphics, because of the AI, audio and user input).

DJ_Max
August 13th, 2005, 04:38 AM
I think (from the text in the website) that those screenshots are taken from the engine.
But yeah, Most developers release screenshots of their engines without any AI, audio and/or user input running, so they can get the most out of the graphics card (And the final version gets lower grade graphics, because of the AI, audio and user input).
Or they "tidy" the screenshots up, like hired make-up artists for commercials.

But seeing as the Offset Engine is an Engine, and not a game, you're probably right.

pmj
August 13th, 2005, 04:47 AM
So far this isn't much more than a tech demo. For this to ever become a real game they will need a lot of money and help with development.

What they have so far looks interesting so who knows, maybe they'll get all that. I sure hope they will, because this is the kind of game I've wanted to play for years.

DJ_Max
August 13th, 2005, 04:51 AM
So far this isn't much more than a tech demo. For this to ever become a real game they will need a lot of money and help with development.

What they have so far looks interesting so who knows, maybe they'll get all that. I sure hope they will, because this is the kind of game I've wanted to play for years.
If they will support this game natively on Linux, I have a big reason to build a new PC

Hmmmm...mebbe if we can get some huge FOSS donation going to these guys, theyll open the code a bit, no?
I sure hope so. I hope they look at how a game like Nexuiz is benefiting from the Linux community.