PDA

View Full Version : post your devilspie config files with screenshot

markp1989
September 30th, 2007, 01:33 PM
im curious to see how versatile devilspie is. and i am looking for ideas for how it can be used, and it may help new users see some of the cool programs there are

(if
(matches (window_name) "DesktopConsole")
(begin
(set_workspace 4)
(below)
(undecorate)
(skip_pager)
(skip_tasklist)
(wintype "utility")
(geometry "+0+0")
(geometry "1026x870")
)
)

i have used mine to put a transparent terminal on the desktop for easy access

i got this config file from http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=202249&highlight=transparent+terminal+on+desktop

can anyone who uses devilspie post their config files. i will be extremely great full

markp1989
September 30th, 2007, 09:30 PM
i really like devilspie, and im curious to see how people have put it to use

markp1989
October 1st, 2007, 01:36 AM
bump

Griffiss
October 12th, 2007, 11:41 AM
I second this request for cool stuff you can do with devilspie.

It looks like it has potential - if only I was some kind of genius or had more knowledge or something....

markp1989
October 18th, 2007, 09:21 PM
(if
(matches (window_name) "Buddy Ticker")
(begin
(set_workspace 4)
(below)
(undecorate)
(skip_pager)
(skip_tasklist)
(wintype "utility")
(geometry "+0-25")
(geometry "800x10")
)
)

this displays the buddy ticker from pidgen just above my bottom panel, i cannot screen print this because it has my friends email addresses on it

0okami
December 31st, 2007, 12:18 AM
hmmm... i'd post mine but im having issues getting it moved where i want it... (screenshot and config here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=654080 )

Indubitableness
February 10th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I know this thread is old, but here's mine.

I'm using one which creates a background desktop on my second workspace ayt login, and one which makes a regular console a specific size to match the background picture I put into it.

On my background console there's a miniscule little space between the left edge of the screen and the beginning of the console's left edge. I don't know how to fix this, i tried changing the lines (geometry +50+50) thinking maybe it would move the first pixel it draws on or something, but it didn't change anything.

Here are the scripts.

Background Console

(if
(matches (window_name) "DesktopConsole")
(begin
(set_workspace 2)
(below)
(undecorate)
(skip_pager)
(skip_tasklist)
(wintype "utility")
(geometry "+0+0")
(geometry "1148x824")
)
)

Regular Console

(if
(matches (window_name) "Future")
(begin
(below)
(skip_pager)
(skip_tasklist)
(geometry "+50+100")
(geometry "525x400")
)
)

I don't really understand the (gemoetry "+X+X") part does. I'm working under the assumption that it controls where the window is placed when it's rendered, but when I was working with it I changed the numbers between +0 and +500 and it would always open in the same place.

Anyway, to the screenshots.