PDA

View Full Version : Brown?

xl_cheese
September 30th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Why are so many people turned off by this color?

Because it's the color of...

or the color of dirt?

Chymera
September 30th, 2007, 09:19 AM
people are turned down by the brown theme simply because tey are stupid and swallowed too many themes cuming from ms and apple....

Of course, there was that small incident when some dim-witted people almost added a smeared-poo image as the default gutsy wallpaper.... but as long as they are used properly, brown and cream can be very appealing colors, and also a fine visual identification requisite.

exploder
September 30th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Brown is just a difficult color to work with. The new animal skinned wallpapers are the best use if brown I have seen.

The color brown does identify Ubuntu, it just requires more imagination to make it look pleasing to the eyes.

xl_cheese
September 30th, 2007, 09:09 PM
I like the brown idea. This forum is a good example of it looking nice.

Maybe it's just human nature to dislike ideas out of the norm.

Merk42
September 30th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I think it may be that while brown can be good, the execution of it in Ubuntu is arguably flawed.

jfinkels
September 30th, 2007, 09:19 PM
The new animal skinned wallpapers are the best use if brown I have seen.

I agree.
They are the ones about halfway down this page. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/GutsyIdeas

adamorjames
October 1st, 2007, 02:25 AM
Yep, the animal wallpapers make great use of the color brown. Right now I'm using the Live CD of Gutsy Beta and am using the Elephant wallpaper.

FuturePilot
October 1st, 2007, 04:19 AM
I like the brown. It's different and I like different. There's too much blue these days coming out of where? Apple:mad: If there's one thing I don't like is all these OS X imitations. I like the fact that Ubuntu strives to be different.

weblordpepe
October 1st, 2007, 06:07 PM
Brown is refreshing. At least when its wood. (hint hint). Check out my woody theme. Its in my signature there. I think its good anyway.

adamorjames
October 2nd, 2007, 03:56 AM
Brown is refreshing. At least when its wood. (hint hint). Check out my woody theme. Its in my signature there. I think its good anyway.

Nice theme you made. I like the feel of it. Thanks.

3rdalbum
October 2nd, 2007, 05:36 AM
It's not brown, it's caramel. Everyone likes caramel.

vinutux
October 2nd, 2007, 07:09 AM
brown is simple and beautiful

i like the new animal wallpapers toooooo

lion and elephant wallpapers are wonderfull [especially lion-claar]

:guitar::guitar::guitar:

weblordpepe
October 2nd, 2007, 12:45 PM
Nice theme you made. I like the feel of it. Thanks.Yaaay internet-forum warm-fuzzies moment :oops:

multifaceted
October 3rd, 2007, 05:40 AM
I'm not turned off my it at all, just simply don't have a preference for it. The human theme is well, humble and expresses ease. I just go for a more polished, darker-high contrast look. Heck, I have always skinned my GUI for as long as I can remember.

Linux is about choice isn't it/

fdrake
October 3rd, 2007, 05:58 AM
i think it is refreshing after many years with the blue windows xp. i indeed like very much the color theme of the forum making it unique and different.

weblordpepe
October 3rd, 2007, 04:17 PM
Yeah the theme colours work well. You kinda forget about them. It works very goo with the red. It kinda reminds me of classic Mac, how because the colours are so bland that when you have some content (a photo, for example) your eyes reallly stick to the content.

As oppose to going WOW at every scroll bar etc.

LuisAugusto
October 3rd, 2007, 05:52 PM
Brown isn't bad, but it isn't good neither.

Ask some random user, show him the Ubuntu brown, the OS X look, and the Vista look, and ask him which one is better.

I bet my leg it'll be OS X or Vista (probably this one).