PDA

View Full Version : wahcade + sdlmame help

taehC
September 30th, 2007, 02:51 AM
How do i update the game list?
i put more roms into the directory where wahcade looks for games, but when i go into wahcade it doesn't show them...
anyone help?

taehC
September 30th, 2007, 07:29 AM
anyone?

taehC
September 30th, 2007, 04:59 PM
can anyone help?

Bagleemo
December 15th, 2007, 04:49 AM
You'd probably have more luck searching / posting here:

http://www.anti-particle.com/forum/index.php

Meox
October 19th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Actually it's very simple you go to wahcade press 2 game list -> generate game list and it'll show the new games

jukingeo
December 2nd, 2008, 03:01 PM
Actually it's very simple you go to wahcade press 2 game list -> generate game list and it'll show the new games

I managed to get WhaCade to work last night (with SDLMame), however, I have to use the keyboard to make selections and I want to use the joystick I have hooked up (PS2 controller via a USB adapter). I have gone into the WahCade setup editor and did tick off joystick control, but that doesn't seem to work.

The joystick DOES work within a MAME game and I can play the game using the joystick...however, buttons for coining up, starting the game, do not work (probably just a mapping issue within SDLMame). However, the joystick will not work at all in the WahCade interface and I do want to get that fixed as the whole point of the WahCade front end is to emulate a commercial arcade machine. So I really don't want to see the Linux OS or use the keyboard in anyway (except for servicing).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanx,

Geo

williamts99
October 24th, 2009, 12:36 PM
How do i update the game list?
i put more roms into the directory where wahcade looks for games, but when i go into wahcade it doesn't show them...
anyone help?

Another way is to use Applications>Games>Wah!Cade Setup Editor
Click on the M.A.M.E Only tab
There is a blue refresh button after the XML/Data File text entry box that when you hover over it, it says 'Generate XML File'

If you activate that button, it will generate a new list for you.

Best Regards,
Williamts99

williamts99
October 24th, 2009, 12:57 PM
(PS2 controller via a USB adapter)

The joystick DOES work within a MAME game and I can play the game using the joystick...however, buttons for coining up, starting the game, do not work (probably just a mapping issue within SDLMame). However, the joystick will not work at all in the WahCade interface

I just have to find a playstation 2 controller and I will test this for you with my adapter and see what I come up with.

Best Regards,
Williamts99

EDIT:
Ok, so I tested it with my PS DualShock controller, it was in analog mode the whole time with a FT8D1 PS/GC/XB/USB adapter. In Wahcade I enabled the joystick checkbox, I mapped all controls that use the number 1 key to the controller start button, and 2 key to the controller select button. Don't forget to save your settings before exiting the setup editor.

To map the controls in SDLmame, run it from a terminal, select Configure General Inputs, then Other Controls. How you want to map it is completely up to you. But it all worked out perfectly for me.

Enjoy