PDA

View Full Version : Is there a trick to get copy paste from filesystem in Eclipse to work?

berlinbrown
September 30th, 2007, 01:38 AM
This is such a productivity killer to not be able to copy paste in Eclipse. I can drag the files but I can't copy paste. Seems strange to me.

Eg, if I copy a file and then attempt to paste it Eclipse, it doesnt work. But, if were to drag it from the filesystem over to elipse. That seems to work?

dwhitney67
September 30th, 2007, 01:42 AM
What do you mean by the "filesystem"? Do you mean a terminal??

From a terminal, you can use Shift-Ctrl-C (to copy) and Shift-Ctrl-V (to paste), or you can rely on the pansy pull-down menu options.

When I need to copy from a terminal to the web-browser (and I'm sure it would be the same if going to eclipse), I use Shift-Ctrl-C to make the copy, and then Ctrl-V to make the copy to the destination application.

berlinbrown
September 30th, 2007, 03:39 PM
No, I mean the Eclipse IDE; you can't copy (CTRL-C) files in from the filesystem into the Project Manager.

It seems to be a Gnome issue.

CraigFoote
May 19th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I'm seeing the same bug. Have you found a solution? I tried downloading Ganymede M7 today but the update manager (P2) isn't working so I scrapped that...unfortunately before I could confirm the paste bug. Actually I didn't know drag and drop worked until I saw your post so thanks for that. At least it's faster than pasting in filesystem and refreshing eclipse.

achelis
May 20th, 2008, 01:26 AM
I'm not sure it's a Gnome issue. As I recall copy-paste from file system doesn't work on Windows either. Haven't used Windows for a while though, so I might be wrong..

hermes0710
October 27th, 2008, 03:25 PM
I have the same problem. Anyone?