PDA

View Full Version : A question about Cowbell...

RAV TUX
September 29th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I am trying to find cover art using Cowbell but it appears to not be working.

Anybody here using Cowbell?

I need more Cowbell! or I simply need to get my Cowbell working?

Whats up with Cowbell?

Is there another application that works better then Cowbell?

reference screenshots:

ThrobbingBrain66
September 29th, 2007, 12:54 PM
I have a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

The only problem I can see is that none of the songs in your screenshot have an album in the tags. This may be why it's failing.

*goes off to test cowbell*

EDIT: I tested it with some properly tagged mp3s and as soon as I imported an album, the cover art was found.

Wolki
September 29th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Yes, you need to write something into the Album field, or cowbell won't know how to find the album art.

Cowbell IIRC only searches on Amazon US for cover art, so it can't find everything. There was a qt program called "Album Cover Art Downloader" that was nice for searching for covers, but the site seems to have vanished :-/ And that one didn't do tag editing, only cover art download.

bonzodog
September 29th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Yes, the ID3v2 tag Album field needs filling in. It seems cowbell is unable to look up the album that a song is from itself.

However, I know Quod Libet can do this, with it's amazing tag editor, Ex Falso. I just do not know how I ever lived without Ex Falso, it's absolutely amazing.

RAV TUX
September 29th, 2007, 04:03 PM
I have a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

The only problem I can see is that none of the songs in your screenshot have an album in the tags. This may be why it's failing.

*goes off to test cowbell*

EDIT: I tested it with some properly tagged mp3s and as soon as I imported an album, the cover art was found.

Thanks for the testing and the 411, it was my mis-understanding that Cowbell would somehow find this information when doing the Amazon search.

I'll have to find the album name for each song, these songs were captured using Streamripper & Streamtuner.

Yes, you need to write something into the Album field, or cowbell won't know how to find the album art.

Cowbell IIRC only searches on Amazon US for cover art, so it can't find everything. There was a qt program called "Album Cover Art Downloader" that was nice for searching for covers, but the site seems to have vanished :-/ And that one didn't do tag editing, only cover art download.

Also Thanks for the 411.

Yes, the ID3v2 tag Album field needs filling in. It seems cowbell is unable to look up the album that a song is from itself.

However, I know Quod Libet can do this, with it's amazing tag editor, Ex Falso. I just do not know how I ever lived without Ex Falso, it's absolutely amazing.

can I apt-get Qoud Libet & Ex Falso?

...and can any of these find the Album name for the songs also?

bonzodog
September 29th, 2007, 05:12 PM
can I apt-get Quod Libet & Ex Falso?

...and can any of these find the Album name for the songs also?

Well, I would assume it's in the repo's. Have a look :D

Quod Libet has a clever plugin that automatically uses amazon to find the album name. It doesn't however automatically save it to the tag.

RAV TUX
September 29th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Well, I would assume it's in the repo's. Have a look :D

Quod Libet has a clever plugin that automatically uses amazon to find the album name. It doesn't however automatically save it to the tag.

problem being is the same song could be on multiple albums but it would be nice to have a list to choose from. The technology is out there it fact, oboe locker (http://mp3tunes.com/) has it.

reference: http://www.mp3tunes.com/cb/downloads/