PDA

View Full Version : The Crimson Room

BWF89
August 11th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Can you get out of this house?
> >
> > A little psychological challenge. Just for you.
> >
> > See if you can get out of this house.
> >
> > There are 13 items hidden in this room in order to let you get out
> >of
> > this room.
> >
> > If you find:
> > 0-6 items, your IQ is non-existent and you are a total idiot
> > 6-8 items, low IQ, and you are an idiot
> > 9-10 items, you are normal
> > 11-12 items, your IQ is high, above the average.
> > 13 items found and get out of the room, there are less than 4000
> > people in the world can do it.
> >
> > The only clue I will give is "1994"
> >
> > Here is The Crimson Room link:
> >
> > http://flash.qbol.net/pl;p/youxi/images/04042203.swf

If you make out of The Crimson Room the next one is called The Viridian Room
- -http://www.fasco-csc.com/works/viridian/index_e.php

BWF89
August 11th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Yay! I made it out of the room. But only because someone on another forum told me the last thing to do.

aveline
August 12th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Yay! I made it out of the room. But only because someone on another forum told me the last thing to do.
done it too long ago & i think i got 11-12 or 13 not sure.
aveline

*isn't braggin just commenting hehe*

TravisNewman
August 12th, 2005, 02:07 AM
got out. Next room now ;)

TravisNewman
August 12th, 2005, 04:55 AM
ok viridian was way too hard. But the Blue Chamber is ridiculously easy

matthew
August 12th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Got out. Going to try others.

matthew
August 12th, 2005, 06:35 AM
Tried the other two, agree with panickedthumb...blue is EASY and viridian is HARD

TravisNewman
August 12th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Viridian took me like 3 hours.
The beer has to be COLD.

matthew
August 12th, 2005, 06:52 AM
That was my problem...

This one is better: http://deathball.net/notpron/notpron.htm

I haven't finished it yet, so no guarantees on content, but so far it is not pr0n. I found it advertised as "The hardest game on the internet."

kanem
August 12th, 2005, 07:41 AM
So for the Crimson room, if it hadn't been for the hint of '1994' I'd have never opened the safe. Short of trying 10,000 combinations that is. I did see a vague reference to it following from the url clue. But I only noticed because I already knew that 1994 was important. Was there something more obvious?

And what was the cd case for?

jerome bettis
August 12th, 2005, 08:29 AM
you guys remember shadow gate for nintendo?

wtf are all these chinese letters about in the veridian room? i'm about to google for veridian room spoiler ...

BWF89
August 12th, 2005, 01:12 PM
And what was the cd case for?
You don't do anything with the cd case in The Crimson Room but it carries over when you go to try The Viridian Room.

WirelessMike
August 12th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Viridian Room was very hard. Took me almost 3 hours, too.

The cd case in Crimson Room is a red herring (meaningless and distracting). That's a clue about the cd and case in Viridian Room, which is NOT a red herring, though it will be used in place of something that IS a red herring.

Once you think you have it all together, the beer will keep you from escaping-- Like PT said, It's got to be cold.

xmastree
August 12th, 2005, 03:20 PM
> > 0-6 items, your IQ is non-existent and you are a total idiot
> > 6-8 items, low IQ, and you are an idiot
Well I must be an idiot then. I got the second key, but it doesn't fit anything.

Bollocks to that.

kanem
August 12th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Well I must be an idiot then. I got the second key, but it doesn't fit anything.

Bollocks to that.It's more about clicking everywhere than being smart. You probably did what I should have done: quit after the first 5 minutes.

DirtDawg
August 12th, 2005, 06:39 PM
It's more about clicking everywhere than being smart. You probably did what I should have done: quit after the first 5 minutes.

Ha! That's right. I've been a sucker for puzzle games since playing Zork back in the day.
Now this damn thread got me playing crimson room, viridian room, then not pron instead of doing the work I needed to do. Now I'm (way) behind.
Next time you people find some crack, do me a favor and keep it to yourselves!
;)

KingBahamut
August 12th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Viridian took forever....geeze....Impossible.

kumakun
August 12th, 2005, 11:03 PM
So, the beer is cold, I'm feelin' the spirits of the dead.....And that's it. I feel as though I'm missing something with the hair.

The Viridian room was REALLY hard when I could only read the japanese..^_^

/K

TravisNewman
August 13th, 2005, 01:23 AM
So, the beer is cold, I'm feelin' the spirits of the dead.....And that's it. I feel as though I'm missing something with the hair.

The Viridian room was REALLY hard when I could only read the japanese..^_^

/K
Have you found the lighter? The lighter and the hair are important together. The skeleton has a lot of things you need. Something regarding the skeleton along with the paper with hair, the lighter, and the 6 chinese characters, create something you need.

thecrimsonking
August 13th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Complete waste of time. You can click on an object several times and nothing will happen. Then move your mouse a fraction of an millimeter and suddenly you find an object?
Lame.
You need more luck than brains to do this. If the item "hit boxes" were bigger this would be a puzzle, as is, it is just a matter of getting lucky with clicks since it is obvious what to do with the items after you are lucky enough to click on the *exact* pixel to find them.

justaguynpc
August 20th, 2005, 01:57 AM
You might have mastered the Crimson Room, though the Viridian Room kicked your a**. now try the Blue Chamber!

Here is your link : http://www.fasco-csc.com/works/bluechamber/index_e.php

Good Luck!