PDA

View Full Version : Firefox rendering myspace backgrounds

Sand Lee
September 27th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Is it just me, or has anyone noticed that firefox is incorrectly rendering myspace backgrounds (black especially)? This happens to me on Ubuntu and on Windows XP.

LookTJ
September 27th, 2007, 10:02 AM
nah, it's the developer of the site, mostly IE.

sp0onman
September 27th, 2007, 11:04 AM
yea alot of myspace pages only work correctly on IE, which is really annoying. i use lovemyflash http://www.lovemyflash.com/ to create my page, looks so much better than the horrible looking standard ones. and works great with firefox. the myspace developers should get off there *** and fix this. i would change to facebook but all my friends use myspace.

Johnsie
September 27th, 2007, 01:54 PM
The whole myspace customisation structure is a mess. I've seen peoples profiles that overlead and crash browsers. Myspace is badly designed and the developers there seem to have no idea of the concept of web design standards. Facebook isn't a good alternative either. Facebook is partly owned by Microsoft and also doesn't have good customisation features. Sure some of the applications are ok but you cant really change the look of your page. I think the whole social networking bubble is about to burst because people are starting to get bored of it. A recent study showed that most people only consider 5 people on their friends list to be good/close friends even though most people have alot more people than that on their list. Those 5 friends were usually people that the users know personally anyway and are in contact with outside social networking circles.