PDA

View Full Version : wireless networking issue with mac OS x

darkenedday
September 27th, 2007, 04:40 AM
so I've finally got os X back running on my apple g4 cube awesome, however I have one problem, the only way I can connect to the internet is thru my wireless network, and I have only 1 kind of usb wireless adaptor a dynex DX-WGUSB, this does not come with mac drivers and is not auto detected by my installation of mac OS 10.3 does anyone know how to make this thing work with mac if it's possible?

twocargar
September 27th, 2007, 01:23 PM
I've never had any luck with those USB wifi adapters and 10.3. If you can get an AirPort card for it, that'd be a better route. Has the ethernet port ever worked for your cube? Does it show up in System Profiler?

Good luck,

TCG

darkenedday
October 4th, 2007, 02:33 AM
The built in ethernet works, my uncle had a usb wireless adaptor working on his but I think it was a dif. brand? just curious if it's at all possible

stream303
December 30th, 2008, 05:46 AM
I have a netgear WG111v2 usb wireless adapter working well on my G5 iMac with 10.4.11 ppc.

All I had to do was install the driver:
http://kbserver.netgear.com/release_notes/D103229.asp

Although the page says that it is for the G4, I have it working just fine, even with WPA on my G5. I suspect G3's would work as well, but I can't confirm it.

Just make sure you are using a "v2" model - look at the side of the box in the fine print...

NoSmokingBandit
December 30th, 2008, 09:48 PM
If it doesnt work ootb you are usually screwed. Does it use Ralink chips? Theres a driver for those adapters floating somehwere around the internet. If your adapter uses ralink chips ill see if i can find it for you.