PDA

View Full Version : Channel 170 ABC1 Has gone :'(

markp1989
September 26th, 2007, 11:08 PM
am i the only one who is realy angry that ABC1 has been pulled from British TV, out TV was bad enough as it was, and no without ABC1 there is practically nothing on.

and to pull a channel without informing viewers is just bang out of order

kostkon
September 26th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Yes, I feel exactly the same things!! I was watching it through Freeview (ch. 15).

R.I.P. ABC1 :(

It was my favorite channel by far.

markp1989
September 26th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Yes, I feel exactly the same things!! I was watching it through Freeview (ch. 15).

R.I.P. ABC1 :(

It was my favorite channel by far.

I didnt even know it was going to go, i was watching it at 3am, and when i turnt sky back on it was gone, i thought "oh sky have re aranged the channels again"
i spent like 30min going up and down the TV guide, but its gone :'(

I found a partition to bring it back, prob wont do any good but you never no

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/saveabc1/

kostkon
September 27th, 2007, 12:02 AM
I didnt even know it was going to go, i was watching it at 3am, and when i turnt sky back on it was gone, i thought "oh sky have re aranged the channels again"
i spent like 30min going up and down the TV guide, but its gone :'(

I found a partition to bring it back, prob wont do any good but you never no

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/saveabc1/

The situation for me was surreal. Yesterday, I went to watch Home Improvement (it was my favorite show on ABC1) and they were playing the last three episodes of the show (which actually was one episode in three parts) and the finale.

I found this quite strange, because during the time I was watching the channel, they had never showed these episodes before.

I believe it was their way of saying goodbye or something like that. Another explanation would be that because the channel was closing they thought they had to finish their shows the right way, by showing the final episodes.

I don't know if they showed the last episodes of the other shows, because after watching Home Improvement I went off, without knowing of course that the next day I'll lose it forever.

Today, after having a bad taste for seeing the finale of HI, I said it's no a problem; I'll watch the it as always, I don't have to care that I watched the ending of the show.

The channel was supposed to show two episodes, but after the end of the first episode the screen went black. My gut feeling said that something wrong was happening. I went to Wikipedia only to discover that from today the channel was gone :(

The strange thing is that although the channel was successful and it had a big audience they decided to close it! Wikipedia gives some reasons on why they did it.

Thank you for the link for the petition.

markp1989
September 27th, 2007, 12:06 AM
The situation for me was surreal. Yesterday, I went to watch Home Improvement (it was my favorite show on ABC1) and they were playing the last three episodes of the show (which actually was one episode in three parts) and the finale.

I found this quite strange, because during the time I was watching the channel, they had never showed these episodes before.

I believe it was their way of saying goodbye or something like that. Another explanation would be that because the channel was closing they thought they had to finish their shows the right way, by showing the final episodes.

I don't know if they showed the last episodes of the other shows, because after watching Home Improvement I went off, without knowing of course that the next day I'll lose it forever.

Today, after having a bad taste for seeing the finale of HI, I said it's no a problem; I'll watch the it as always, I don't have to care that I watched the ending of the show.

The channel was supposed to show two episodes, but after the end of the first episode the screen went black. My gut feeling said that something wrong was happening. I went to Wikipedia only to discover that from today the channel was gone :(

The strange thing is that although the channel was successful and it had a big audience they decided to close it! Wikipedia gives some reasons on why they did it.

Thank you for the link for the petition.

yer i watched the last episode of ToolTime, i love that show

Thank you for the link for the petition. no problem, i want as many people to sign it as posible, if it dont do any good it cant do any harm