j8994
September 26th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself, my name is john, i am a
electronics engineer with a local surveillance company. i also do PC
repair and servicing on the side.`i have been a Linux user for over 3
years. mostly just debain. but the ubuntu distro meets my needs and
wants.

i have a few ideal. i am in greeneville Tennessee. and would like to
make a sub chapter here. to help in the tri cities area of Tennessee.
this will include in the future, a kiosk at a mall, if possible. but for
sure my local library. the kiosk will allow people without Internet, to
obtain open source software, ubuntu distros, and any other things that
will help them with there ubuntu experience. if you guys have any ideals
for this project of mine. or would like to help please let me know.
thanks.

John Aka J8994

n3gbz
September 26th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Hi, John,

I just wanted to bring the Freedom Toaster to your attention. You may have already seen it. The url is http://www.freedomtoaster.org/ Fits in with your kiosk idea nicely.

Most of the time recently I have been in Pennsylvania dealing with elderly parent issues, but would love to help out and be a part of the tri-city group when my schedule allows. Sevierville is not far away.

The library system where my parents live (main library and three branches) is serving as a distribution center for CDs. Each library has copies of Ubuntu, TheOpenCD and the OpenEducationCD for free distribution. Other F(L)OSS CDs are available by request.

j8994
September 27th, 2007, 05:35 AM
Hi, John,

I just wanted to bring the Freedom Toaster to your attention. You may have already seen it. The url is http://www.freedomtoaster.org/ Fits in with your kiosk idea nicely.

Most of the time recently I have been in Pennsylvania dealing with elderly parent issues, but would love to help out and be a part of the tri-city group when my schedule allows. Sevierville is not far away.

The library system where my parents live (main library and three branches) is serving as a distribution center for CDs. Each library has copies of Ubuntu, TheOpenCD and the OpenEducationCD for free distribution. Other F(L)OSS CDs are available by request.

i have heard of it, but never knew there was website, on how to build one. this is great, know that i have blue prints. i can start gathering materials. im gonna contact a few local pc shops, and see if they would like to donate to help with the cause. once complete, how should we name them. i thought of nameing them like this

Freedom Toaster TN-1
and so on.

hey tideline, id like to hear your input on this.

J8994