PDA

View Full Version : LinuxWorld San Francisco: Where is Ubuntu??

Pcghost
August 11th, 2005, 05:54 AM
I am at the conference in San Francisco this week and have been poking around the .org pavilion. Debian, Gentoo, Fedora, and Xandros are here. Why is Ubuntu not here?? The king of distrowatch is surprisingly missing. Also surprising is the complete lack of booths for the forums. JL, LQ, UF, none are in attendance. This is my first LinuxWorld so I don't have a reference to compare against, but I know in the past a few of the linux forums attend and I always assumed more of the distros than the above show up. Where is everyone???

By the way, this conference kicks some serious ass. If you have ever toyed with the idea of attending I can honestly say it is well worth the trip. Novell and RedHat seem to have 0wn3d the expo floor with their elaborate displays, but the expo floor is pretty much a lot of commercial behind kissing as it were.

Just a side note: Ubuntu got favorable mention in 3 out five of the seminars I attended in the last two days. Both Jeremy Allison and Jay Beale brought up Ubuntu in their talks, with the later wondering aloud if there were any other distros left. :grin:

heimo
August 11th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Just a side note: Ubuntu got favorable mention in 3 out five of the seminars I attended in the last two days. Both Jeremy Allison and Jay Beale brought up Ubuntu in their talks, with the later wondering aloud if there were any other distros left. :grin:

That's a lot better than a booth. :D