PDA

View Full Version : The Left handed mouse challange.

tcpip4lyfe
September 25th, 2007, 08:51 PM
After seeing an article posted on digg I have decided to switch mouse from my right to my left hand. Also I have changed my mouse buttons to left handed settings. It is kind of awkward and I keep reaching for the mouse on my right after typing but I am going to stick with it for a week. I challenge you to do the same for a week.

Link to Digg article:
http://www.dumblittleman.com/2007/09/3-easy-ways-to-improve-your-brain-power.html

Note:

Obviously you would switch from left to right if you are already left handed. Please don't say anything about being left handed already or insinuate that I am right hand biased. :)

ahaslam
September 25th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Doubt it does much if you're ambidextrous. Maybe I should use my feet ;)

hessiess
September 25th, 2007, 09:12 PM
im left handid, use mouse in left hand but its on the right hand setting

Depressed Man
September 25th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Doesn't really bother me. Then again I have Logitech mice, and they're usually build so you can use them in either hand (you can even have the Logitech program swap the buttons around if you want in Windows). Dunno how to do it in Linux though (probably could use btnx).

Lord Illidan
September 25th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Doesn't really bother me. Then again I have Logitech mice, and they're usually build so you can use them in either hand (you can even have the Logitech program swap the buttons around if you want in Windows). Dunno how to do it in Linux though (probably could use btnx).

In Gnome, System -> Preferences -> Mouse

bapoumba
September 25th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Right handed here, but I use the mouse on my left, so that I can have paper and pen on my right :)
(kept the right handed settings).
I've been doing this for years.

thisllub
September 25th, 2007, 09:41 PM
I use a mouse on my right and a trackball on my left.
I can write backwards as well with my left hand as I write forwards with my right but not forwards.
I guess I am about 55% right handed.

Mr. Picklesworth
September 25th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Interesting...

My dominant hand for writing and all that is my left, but I have always moused with my right.

Mazza558
September 25th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Interesting...

My dominant hand for writing and all that is my left, but I have always moused with my right.

Exactly the same here. I'm right-moused but left-handed.

lz1dsb
April 11th, 2012, 09:20 AM
After seeing an article posted on digg I have decided to switch mouse from my right to my left hand. Also I have changed my mouse buttons to left handed settings. It is kind of awkward and I keep reaching for the mouse on my right after typing but I am going to stick with it for a week. I challenge you to do the same for a week.

Link to Digg article:
http://www.dumblittleman.com/2007/09/3-easy-ways-to-improve-your-brain-power.html

Note:

Obviously you would switch from left to right if you are already left handed. Please don't say anything about being left handed already or insinuate that I am right hand biased. :)
This forum is amazing. I was just about to start a thread for the very same topic. I've been experimenting since the start of the new year to use the mouse only with my left hand (I'm right handed). I originally started using my left hand only on my Ubuntu laptop, that was about six months ago. And since the beginning of the year I only use my left hand...
I've got the feeling that almost any topic I could think of has already been discussed here :lolflag:
The community is what makes the difference...

overdrank
April 11th, 2012, 10:54 AM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5451/necromancing.jpg
From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct (http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy).

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
Thread closed.