PDA

View Full Version : A Revolutionary Voice Recog application

cubytes
September 25th, 2007, 07:18 PM
voice recognition is an amazing technology, but why doesn't everyone use it then, well because it is a pain.

At first the voice recognition program will hardly be able to understand you, but after a while if you keep working with it, the program will understand almost ever word that comes out of your mouth.

However no matter how good the program there is no way around this and the simple fact that users are lazy and cheap is the main reason everyone isn't using it. Am I right?

Well I have come up with a way to make the voice recognition program more accessible to the majority of users, and that way is to visually represent the program as a 3D Avatar, that can be customized.

A 3D avatar will represent the voice recognition program, and the avatar will have a sort of xml database AI, that way the user and the avatar can chat with simple conversations, that will mimic more or less very crude command lines.

In addition to these crude command line conversations, the avatar will simplify the input of text into any field because it will animate and represent the voice recognition program.

Also this program will come with a lot of blue tooth support so any blue tooth hands free set can be automatically detected and used for input.

Another interesting aspect of using a 3D avatar and an xml database AI is to facilitate the interaction of the program and the user, this will help the program understand the user, in a way that would be more interesting then reading text to the program?

For starters the program can ask questions about the user:

-whats your name
-where are you from
-how would you read this sentence
-what does this sentence mean
-what is your favorite color
so on and so on

This will get the user to keep talking and if the user keeps talking then inevitably the program will learn more about the user and at the same be able to recognize more and more from the user.

The more the Avatar knows about the user the more help it will be, and the more the avatar understands, the more accurate the voice recognition will become!!!

LaRoza
September 25th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Please don't post your ideas in the programming forum.

If you want discussions, use the Community Cafe, this is not a programming question.

Your ideas are not going to benifit from this forum, if you want a way to share your ideas, make a blog or wiki, much better than this forum.

wiki : www.pbwiki.com
blog : www.wordpress.com

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS

######EDIT######

For those of you who are about to respond, do a "Find all threads started by..." on the OP, then decide if it is worth it.

cubytes
September 26th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I call it the "Gube" an idea that will revolutionize voice recognition software as we know it.

First feature basically represents the voice recognition program with a 3D Avatar that is customizable. This Avatar will interact with the user to facilitate an easier more accessible voice recognition experience

The second feature will be to build a sort of xml database to represent the AI of the Avatar, this way the user and the Avatar can have small conversations that will mimic a sort of command line interaction, this database will expand and become more in depth as the program is being used

The third feature is blue tooth support and lots of it

The last feature is mobility and interoperability, users will be able to post their Avatar on the internet and interact with it from anywhere, and they will be able to download their avatar to any computer, users will also be able to take their avatar with them, on mobile devices as well!!

Of course at the heart of Gube is voice recognition, but the whole purpose of Gube is to make voice recognition more personal and more accessible to the mainstream of users, Gube will also be free, the only thing that users will pay for is customizing their avatar, although Gube will come with a lot of customizing features, the cool features will cost money.

Gube will also interact with the user by using dialog boxes, and animations to make it an easier and more enjoyable voice recognition program!!

what do you think?

DoctorMO
September 26th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Let us know when it's finished;

Oh and make use of the open voice recognition project; and encourage people to record.

LaRoza
September 26th, 2007, 05:25 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=559729

###### FUTURE POSTERS: LOOK AT THE OP'S OTHER THREADS FIRST######

cubytes
September 26th, 2007, 05:29 PM
what do you think?

a12ctic
September 26th, 2007, 05:37 PM
voice recognition would be so annoying, i type way faster, and more accurate than i could ever talk. Maybe this would be useful in like a no-hands situation like while driving a car but otherwise, whats the point?

mostwanted
September 26th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Everyone has ideas. Ideas are easy. It's very easy to think of some revolutionary software innovation, but that doesn't make automatically it happen. Usually, realism catches up with ideas.

Sorry, to be so nay-saying.

Lord Illidan
September 26th, 2007, 05:40 PM
We've said it before. We'll say it again. These ideas are fine, but the forums are not the best place for them by a long shot. Make a blog or wiki and post them there. And do some research and coding of your own.

Talk is cheap, show me the code!Linus Torvalds

cubytes
September 26th, 2007, 05:41 PM
-voice commands
-hands free wireless multimedia control
-blogs
-IM
-comments
-forums

and more

DoctorMO
September 26th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Ignoring critics is the first sign of trouble.

LaRoza
September 26th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Ignoring critics is the first sign of trouble.

2d, 3d, 4th, 5th

bapoumba
September 26th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Merged the threads...

-grubby
September 26th, 2007, 11:43 PM
I type faster than I talk, and what if you have to type a paper or something while someones sleeping?