PDA

View Full Version : Aluminium Case Badges Arrive

DoctorMO
September 25th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Here is the new photo so you can all see me opening the box for the arrival of our aluminium case badges that are going out to load of LoCo's a couple of people and a whole spreadsheet full of private individuals.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/Projects/AluminiumCaseBadges

Now that we have them and I'll be sending out the badges to people I can start offering the spare badges of which we got about 2,000 so we can make some money for the Massachusetts LoCo team.

Let us know what you think of our project, first time we have organised such a large bulk buy of something we designed and worked with the factory to get it made. The final tally was 18,000 at $0.19 each at cost with $160 setup fees so once you get up high the price is nice and low.

jrusso2
September 25th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Those look cool I wouldn't mind a few.

jimrz
September 25th, 2007, 03:58 AM
Doc, let me know when/if you get to where you can offer out spares, would like a chance to get some.

DoctorMO
September 25th, 2007, 04:01 AM
I put up some new images of them being sorted and checked for defects and also one applied to my friends laptop.

This message is an effective: we can offer out spares to people who want to buy some.:KS

amazingtaters
September 25th, 2007, 04:18 AM
Oh gosh, I want one. I will cover up the Windows Vista sticker nicely on my laptop. Tell me how to order...

DoctorMO
September 25th, 2007, 04:24 AM
http://doctormo.deviantart.com/art/Ubuntu-Case-Badge-Project-65731934

This is a compilation work :-) just because.

OK to order you guys just send me an email with how many you want, you name, address and bare in mind we'll charge $0.75 each + shipping of about $2.60 depending on how many and where you are in the world. we'll then ask you to pay via paypal and tell you how much it is inclusive of paypal fees.

FuturePilot
September 25th, 2007, 04:30 AM
Those look awesome!

macogw
September 25th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Oh gosh, I want one. I will cover up the Windows Vista sticker nicely on my laptop. Tell me how to order...

Why not peel off the Vista sticker first?

dasunst3r
September 25th, 2007, 06:14 AM
I'll peel off my Windows Vista sticker once the Ubuntu case badges arrive! I'll even post a video of it!

Spr0k3t
September 25th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for organizing this DoctorMO. I'm kind of impressed the order went up to 18,000. What was the largest order (just curious). Also, will the aluminum case badges be available for reprinting later on without the setup charge?

sp0onman
September 25th, 2007, 11:11 AM
i would love a few, but the problem is i live in Australia:( although im not sure id want to put a sticker on my lovely minimilistic antec 1080, unless it goes ontop. very nive looking

DoctorMO
September 25th, 2007, 12:55 PM
What was the largest order (just curious)

A company asked for 1,000 of them, so did a LoCo; highest orders.

notwen
September 25th, 2007, 01:38 PM
That looks friggin sweet. Looking forward to slapping them on everything in sight. =]

markp1989
September 25th, 2007, 01:42 PM
wow there really nice, i wouldnt mind a few , 1 for my laptop 1 for my desktop. then i can get rid of the xp sticker lol

PatrickMay16
September 25th, 2007, 01:49 PM
This is great! However, DoctorMO, you might like to know that "alot" isn't a real word; instead, you should say "a lot".
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/Projects/AluminiumCaseBadges?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=sorted.jpeg

Ya know... in case anyone's wondering.

Just FYI.

DoctorMO
September 25th, 2007, 02:59 PM
This is great! However, DoctorMO, you might like to know that "alot" isn't a real word; instead, you should say "a lot".
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Massachusett...et=sorted.jpeg

Ya know... in case anyone's wondering.

That would be true if I were writing in english-us but I write in english-gb (English Gibberish) which is yet another derivation of English for the dyslexic community.

wow there really nice, i wouldnt mind a few , 1 for my laptop 1 for my desktop. then i can get rid of the xp sticker lol

To be honest the photos don't do them justice, LustreCal in CA that made these did a really good job, they're so shiny.

Sunflower1970
September 25th, 2007, 04:23 PM
ooo! Can't wait for mine to arrive. Those look great :)

markp1989
September 25th, 2007, 05:32 PM
ooo! Can't wait for mine to arrive. Those look great :)

where did you order them from? and do they ship to the UK?

mysticrider92
September 25th, 2007, 05:39 PM
So where do we order them? I would like a few...

Great job with the design!

notwen
September 25th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Orders were placed back from early to the end of August at this thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=522464). That said, you can read from his first post that the Ubuntu MA loco team has 2000 up for grabs. You may wish to contact DoctorMO for more info regarding purchasing some. =]

DoctorMO
September 25th, 2007, 07:03 PM
where did you order them from? and do they ship to the UK?

We ordered them from Lustre Cal, CA and only got such a good deal because we ordered 18,000 cash up front (about $3,500 or so) which included a lot of leg work to collect payments from pre orders.

Yes we will ship to the UK, although I'm rather annoyed at the UK LoCo for being arses.

markp1989
September 25th, 2007, 07:22 PM
That would be true if I were writing in english-us but I write in english-gb (English Gibberish) which is yet another derivation of English for the dyslexic community..

lol

DoctorMO
September 26th, 2007, 02:25 AM
You to remind everyone, You WILL recieve an email once I have sent the packages out.

I've spent all evening and my lunch break sorting, counting and packaging everything up... quite a hand breaker writing out all those addresses and my own return address I can tell you; next time we invent an ubuntu compatible label printer ;-)

dasunst3r
September 26th, 2007, 02:30 AM
I've spent all evening and my lunch break sorting, counting and packaging everything up... quite a hand breaker writing out all those addresses and my own return address I can tell you; next time we invent an ubuntu compatible label printer ;-)

This may be nowhere near a label printer, but if you have a printer, here you go...
http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.BlankTPLProduct&catalogcode=WEB01&node=10194441&cat=Labels&subcat=Shipping+Labels

DoctorMO
September 26th, 2007, 04:57 AM
This may be nowhere near a label printer, but if you have a printer, here you go...
http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=...hipping+Labels

Thanks

mekgp
September 26th, 2007, 05:44 AM
Very cool! Will have to put in an order soon....!! ;)

multifaceted
September 26th, 2007, 05:54 AM
I'll order several and pay the shipping no problem! Who do I contact on ordering these?

mdsmedia
September 26th, 2007, 06:00 AM
i would love a few, but the problem is i live in Australia:( although im not sure id want to put a sticker on my lovely minimilistic antec 1080, unless it goes ontop. very nive looking
I'm in Melbourne too, so maybe we can organise something. I wouldn't mind a couple.

DoctorMO
September 26th, 2007, 12:24 PM
You can contact me directly; my email address is on the wiki. All of these post-production orders will be dealt with (thus I will get back to people) when I've run through the pre-orders just in case any of you are wondering where the hell I've gotten to your your damn badges.:KS

dasunst3r
September 30th, 2007, 11:23 PM
I got my case badges yesterday (boy, was that fast) and immediately replaced my Windows Vista sticker with it:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/Projects/AluminiumCaseBadges?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=dasunst3r-e1505_small.JPG (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/Projects/AluminiumCaseBadges?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=dasunst3r-e1505.JPG)

Canonical should take these badges up and offer them at the shop.

RAV TUX
October 1st, 2007, 01:25 AM
Here is the new photo so you can all see me opening the box for the arrival of our aluminium case badges that are going out to load of LoCo's a couple of people and a whole spreadsheet full of private individuals.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/Projects/AluminiumCaseBadges

Now that we have them and I'll be sending out the badges to people I can start offering the spare badges of which we got about 2,000 so we can make some money for the Massachusetts LoCo team.

Let us know what you think of our project, first time we have organised such a large bulk buy of something we designed and worked with the factory to get it made. The final tally was 18,000 at $0.19 each at cost with $160 setup fees so once you get up high the price is nice and low.

These are very, very nice.

I just heard about this last night when macogw called me on my cell phone. (I missed this thread all together)

It is ashamed I don't use Ubuntu.

MetalMusicAddict
October 1st, 2007, 01:37 AM
Are you guys gonna make the trek to UDS-Boston and bring a stack of these? :)

DoctorMO
October 2nd, 2007, 07:51 PM
Are you guys gonna make the trek to UDS-Boston and bring a stack of these?

I'd hardly class a 2 mile walk a trek; if I'm not there I've obviously been eaten by a rhino on the way.

Bachstelze
October 3rd, 2007, 02:35 PM
Okay, I got mine. I'll most likely have some spares so if some people from Europe want to order a few of them, feel free to contact me so they'll have less far to travel ^^

DoctorMO
October 3rd, 2007, 05:57 PM
Okay, I got mine. I'll most likely have some spares so if some people from Europe want to order a few of them, feel free to contact me so they'll have less far to travel ^^

I'm so glad they made it to France, do you have a plan for sending on the small batch to the other french guy?

maduranga
October 3rd, 2007, 06:21 PM
wow! it kool. I got some kind of a sticker with the arrival of my oder of dapper drake or Breezy, but not sure witch one was that. Anyway this looks kool and I like to have one! :)

Bachstelze
October 3rd, 2007, 07:19 PM
I'm so glad they made it to France, do you have a plan for sending on the small batch to the other french guy?

Yep, I'll send them to him as soon as he answers my email as I don't have his address.

MetalMusicAddict
October 4th, 2007, 12:43 AM
I'd hardly class a 2 mile walk a trek; if I'm not there I've obviously been eaten by a rhino on the way.

Awesome. \m/

***MMA readies Ubuntu Studio swag for Boston.

DoctorMO
October 4th, 2007, 01:51 AM
MMA readies Ubuntu Studio swag for Boston.

Your coming to the Dev Summit? Anyone attending should be able to get 1 sticker from me.

MetalMusicAddict
October 4th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Your coming to the Dev Summit? Anyone attending should be able to get 1 sticker from me.

Yes sir. Ubuntu Studio will have a couple of guys there.