PDA

View Full Version : Let's spread Ubuntu

samb0057
September 25th, 2007, 02:18 AM
I've been using Ubuntu for a while now, and I don't know how I lived with Windows. My computer is like a whole different machine now, I can do tons of things with it, it's faster, more reliable, etc.

I want to share Ubuntu with people who don't know about it.

Any ideas to spread Ubuntu? I'm thinking of starting a non-profit type of thing like spreadfirefox.

fuscia
September 25th, 2007, 02:58 AM
dude, maybe you should wait a couple of weeks.

samb0057
September 25th, 2007, 03:26 AM
What, for Gutsy?

fuscia
September 25th, 2007, 03:31 AM
What, for Gutsy?

no, i mean for the crusade.

DoctorMO
September 25th, 2007, 04:31 AM
It depends, do you feel there are things that ubuntu can do better, then your task is to help out the projects and become inwardly active.

If your finding there is nothing to fault or your skills lie in the marketing and people person area then you can join a LoCo team and promote Ubuntu like it's never been done before.

Tux Aubrey
September 25th, 2007, 06:31 AM
no, i mean for the crusade.

/culturally insensitive remark from the person of indeterminant gender in the burkah/

What crusade?

SFD?

bigbrovar
September 25th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Yeah join a loco team in your area that is the most effective way to spread Ubuntu from a grassroots level...i felt the way u did when i discovered Ubuntu 3 months ago.now am a member of Nigerian loco team.. i helped them built a website and we got members around Nigeria equipped them with Ubuntu dvd and a super apt DVD that as everything from codec,players to kde,xfce DEs.so that they can help people who want to install Ubuntu but have no Internet connection...just 2 days ago.i installed Ubuntu for a new convert..after he saw what u could do with Ubuntu on my system he decided not to dual boot but install Ubuntu on his whole drive..can u beat that? even me hasn't gotten the will to do that..and when i called yesterday and he said he was having a time of his life..i have people calling me around the country telling please i need Ubuntu..the number might be small..but then Ubuntu is not really about statistics and numbers..its about people..

Tux Aubrey
September 25th, 2007, 06:45 AM
bigbrovar - what a great story! I wish we had something like that here. The Nigerian Loco Team might make a good story for "Full Circle".

Rupertronco
September 25th, 2007, 07:03 AM
bigbrovar - what a great story! I wish we had something like that here. The Nigerian Loco Team might make a good story for "Full Circle".

I'd like to thank you for contributing oh so much to people who are trying to expose a good thing. I'll tell you what, just stick to the sarcasm and mockery, that always works.

jadonchristensen
September 25th, 2007, 07:15 AM
How sexy is free Ubuntu Linux? Very!

http://www.youtube.com/v/2Z_EuDj9Srw

http://www.youtube.com/v/xC5uEe5OzNQ

Ubuntu = FREE
Vista Ultimate = $329.99

These Ubuntu devs are awesome. I got Ubuntu loaded on 2 machines this week, going to add it to a 3rd and 4th within a few weeks. I figure these videos can help to sell it, even though it's free.

:popcorn:

Tux Aubrey
September 26th, 2007, 12:23 AM
I'd like to thank you for contributing oh so much to people who are trying to expose a good thing. I'll tell you what, just stick to the sarcasm and mockery, that always works.

Pardon? :confused: I think your sarcasm and mockery detector is broken. I was expressing genuine delight to hear of people spreading The Word. Seriously, if there was something like this in Australia, I would happily volunteer my time.