PDA

View Full Version : Need a Desktop?

ev5unleash1
September 24th, 2007, 11:36 PM
I really don't want to adv. but me and my friends are now creating Desktops with Ubuntu on them. So I hope we get a lot of customers and maybe promote Ubuntu even more. Our site is computing.ev5unleash.com, it is not done as I'm writing this post but it will be done soon so please bookmark us if your looking for or going to be looking for a new PC soon and want Ubuntu on it.

angryfirelord
September 24th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Correction: Ubuntu is not the software of everything, it's just the OS. Therefore, you should say, "Ubuntu is the operating system, which includes free and open-source software."

Mind you, I'm just being picky. :)

n3tfury
September 25th, 2007, 12:12 AM
sorry, but you really need to finish that site before you start trying to sell around here. that looks like @ss

DownTown22
September 25th, 2007, 12:48 AM
So, why TigerDirect for parts? Why not NewEgg or NCIX (Canada based, but also has a US site)?

ev5unleash1
September 25th, 2007, 12:53 AM
We will use some other vender's for the prices. But as time goes on we will use a vender that offers the quickest service. And we are putting this on for a statement I never said it was done and I spesified to keep us bookmarked for later on. The site is near compleation we just need one more model added and some added added features and a way to buy :). I estimate we will be ready around October when Gusty comes out.

Rupertronco
September 25th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Your potential customers don't want to see "spesify" "vender" and the like on a website they're contemplating giving a fair sum of money to build a computer.

rsambuca
September 25th, 2007, 02:43 AM
Ummmm...

I am afraid that there is absolutely no way that I would ever purchase anything from a website like that, let alone a computer. There are numerous grammatical errors, the page doesn't render properly at certain default font sizes, there is no support mentioned, no return policies...

Sorry, but it looks like it was made by a couple of Junior High School kids.

~LoKe
September 25th, 2007, 02:46 AM
A counter...google search...site stats, counter ad, other ads...I wouldn't touch that with YOUR hand.

~LoKe
September 25th, 2007, 02:47 AM
I just entered the actual site.

Dear God, this wreaks of frontpage.

ev5unleash1
September 25th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Lol, I know I never Officially released it to the pubic viewers on my website. I fixed most spelling but grammar is not one of my strong points. I told you all I did not officially release it and there is alot to add. This is will released late October. But if anyone has some good tips for the site or can help out it would be appreciated.

jimmio
October 29th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Here's a couple tips for ya:

>Fix Grammatical Errors
>State Warranty Information/Return Policy

Iceni
October 29th, 2007, 04:58 PM
You should buy a domain and make a professional-looking website:

- Include some pictures of pretty people being happy somewhere
- Less graphics, more text.
- Random large and small text.
- Very very tiny text saying something about copyright on the bottom.

No, this is not a joke.

BDNiner
October 29th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Yes your website needs a lot of work. But this is a great idea. i wish you the best of luck.

PartisanEntity
October 29th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Lol, I know I never Officially released it to the pubic viewers on my website.

What exactly is it you're selling? :lolflag:

Seriously though, I haven't seen the site, but from the comments here, and your spelling, you need a much more serious approach.

Spell checking, planning, organisation, idea, business model, professional presentation, etc..

Cochise
October 29th, 2007, 06:26 PM
(im a web designer and pc consultant) some tips:

1. look at big pc vendor sites (dell) etc
2. look at microsoft and apples sites
3. make sure your colour scheme is easy on the eyes