PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Community Interviews

Pages : 1 [2]

FuturePilot
August 1st, 2008, 02:02 AM
Yeah, Frak is an interesting guy

+4 I would love to see Frak interviewed. I think he's an interesting person :)

Frak
August 1st, 2008, 04:42 AM
Oh....

I made a mistake...

chucky chuckaluck
August 1st, 2008, 05:17 AM
Oh....

I made a mistake...

man the thumbscrews! LOL!

matthew
August 1st, 2008, 09:55 AM
+4 I would love to see Frak interviewed. I think he's an interesting person :)I do have an opening in about three weeks.

Frak, interested?

Joeb454
August 1st, 2008, 12:44 PM
+4 I would love to see Frak interviewed. I think he's an interesting person :)

Actually I think you make it +5

nathangrubb said he wanted to see a Frak interview, but didn't add on his +1 :p

That said, I enjoy reading all the interviews, regardless of who it is, so I don't mind who does it :p

LaRoza
August 1st, 2008, 06:21 PM
-1 on Frak

chucky chuckaluck
August 1st, 2008, 06:27 PM
i'd want to know if he still sees frik, or if they've gone the martin and lewis route.

Frak
August 1st, 2008, 10:50 PM
-1 on Frak

That's the spirit.

i'd want to know if he still sees frik, or if they've gone the martin and lewis route.

He fell over in a bar.

LaRoza
August 1st, 2008, 10:52 PM
That's the spirit.

Better than some. I found your comments a bit off colour.

Frak
August 1st, 2008, 10:57 PM
Better than some. I found your comments a bit off colour.
Well, you're a doodie head.

matthew
August 1st, 2008, 11:01 PM
Well, you're a doodie head.Um, let's rise above name calling. Thank you.

LaRoza
August 1st, 2008, 11:02 PM
Well, you're a doodie head.

http://forum.rexannes.com/images/smilies/BooHooSmiley.gif

Bodsda
August 2nd, 2008, 08:59 PM
Now look what you've done!! you made LaRoza cry.

I think these interviews are good regardless of whether their staff or not, it is about the person not the label.

ibuclaw
August 2nd, 2008, 09:12 PM
Well...

Anyone who is man enough to make LaRoza cry is definitely in my books for an interview :)

+1 Frak

speeddemon8803
August 2nd, 2008, 09:13 PM
Making laroza cry..shame on you!

Dr Small
August 2nd, 2008, 10:35 PM
Well...

Anyone who is man enough to make LaRoza cry is definitely in my books for an interview :)

+1 Frak
Haha. Bots cry though? Man, there are getting more and more humanistic features every day!

LaRoza
August 3rd, 2008, 02:35 AM
Haha. Bots cry though? Man, there are getting more and more humanistic features every day!

And humans are getting more mechanical...

Frak
August 3rd, 2008, 03:55 AM
And humans are getting more mechanical...
And you're becoming more <insert derogatory statement here>.

Matthew, I didn't call him any names this time. No moar warnings plz.

Vorian
August 3rd, 2008, 04:13 AM
I do have an opening in about three weeks.
Frak, interested?What?

All I can say is:
:porc::inca::love::dito:

Canis familiaris
August 5th, 2008, 03:08 PM
And you're becoming more <insert derogatory statement here>.

Matthew, I didn't call him any names this time. No moar warnings plz.

<sigh>

matthew
August 9th, 2008, 02:07 PM
I'm looking forward to the comments on this one. Alan Pope (http://matthewhelmke.net/wordpress/2008/08/09/an-interview-with-alan-pope/) doesn't like web forums.

Frak
August 9th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I'm looking forward to the comments on this one. Alan Pope (http://matthewhelmke.net/wordpress/2008/08/09/an-interview-with-alan-pope/) doesn't like web forums.
"Back in the day, we used horses to troll other people"...

aysiu
August 9th, 2008, 04:55 PM
I think it's okay. If people prefer email lists to forums, that's their right. I can't stand getting a slew of emails flooding my inbox and trying to sift through that. I'm the exact opposite of Alan Pope in this regard. I'd much prefer to pull information than to have it pushed at me.

matthew
August 9th, 2008, 05:00 PM
"Back in the day, we used horses to troll other people"...lol... I wasn't thinking that, but I suppose it could be construed as a bit of a troll. :)

Touche.

Canis familiaris
August 10th, 2008, 02:57 PM
i think it's okay. If people prefer email lists to forums, that's their right. I can't stand getting a slew of emails flooding my inbox and trying to sift through that. I'm the exact opposite of alan pope in this regard. I'd much prefer to pull information than to have it pushed at me.

+1

Lostincyberspace
September 4th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Hey Mat, When is the next interview coming out?

matthew
September 4th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Thank you for the interest. I will get back to the interviews as soon as possible. I am currently in the process of an international move, so the project is on hold temporarily. Plan for a return sometime in October (hopefully, certainly by November).

Sorry for not mentioning this sooner. :)

LaRoza
September 5th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Thank you for the interest. I will get back to the interviews as soon as possible. I am currently in the process of an international move, so the project is on hold temporarily. Plan for a return sometime in October (hopefully, certainly by November).

Sorry for not mentioning this sooner. :)

I interview a random spammer in the meantime. Might shed some insight on their way of thinking.

Hope everything goes smoothly.

Canis familiaris
September 5th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I interview a random spammer in the meantime. Might shed some insight on their way of thinking.

Hope everything goes smoothly.

Hope I can read that Interview Soon. ;)

LaRoza
September 5th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Since Matthew is busy in RL, I decided to help out a bit with the next Ubuntu Community Interviews (http://matthewhelmke.net/wordpress/2008/07/03/introducing-ubuntu-community-interviews/). We have a special interview this time around. cheap_ipods22, sometimes known as scum, imbecile, idiot, and some things I can't wrote, is a forum spammer, an bivalve fan (to the extreme), a member of the UN. Departing from our tradition in these interviews, he is someone who does not contribute anything useful and is in fact no longer a member of the forum. He is dumb, opinionated, ignorant, and a good contrasting addition to our interview series. Enjoy!

1. Tell as much as you’re willing about your “real” life — name, age, gender, location, family, religion, profession, education, hobbies, etc.
I am just cheap_ipods22. I have no real life. In fact, I think I sacrificed all remnants of humanity when I decided to spam support sites.

2. When and how did you become interested in computers? in Linux? in Ubuntu?
During my spamming sprees, I found UbuntuForums.org because of its size. I felt since it had no spam on it, it must be fertile ground for my wares. I was wrong. The amazing staff removed my spam in minutes.

3. When did you become involved in the forums (or the Ubuntu community)? What’s your role there?
I joined 04 September 2008 15:48, and was a poster of spam until my removal on 04 Septembre 2008 15:50 by LaRoza.

4. Are you an Ubuntu member? If so, how do you contribute? If not, do you plan on becoming one?
No. Being a member requires a person not be a low down scum sucking mollusc with a nonexistant brain.

5. What distros do you regularly use? What software? What’s your favorite application? Your least favorite?
What is a distro? The software I use is the Internet (big blue e) and Word (big blue W). My least favourite is that video player I had to download to get that free video series about bivalve fetishes. It still doesn't work and my computer is acting weird.

6. What’s your fondest memory from the forums, or from Ubuntu overall? What’s your worst?
Which forum? There have been so many, I don't remember names. What is Ubuntu? Is that some form of African witchcraft? I am an atheist and do not believe in such nonsense.

7. What luck have you had introducing new computer users to Ubuntu?
So you are a door to door religion are you? Why are you bothering me? I swear to God I will call the cops.

8. What would you like to see happen with Linux in the future? with Ubuntu?
Linux? Oh, yes. I know some 1337 haxors that use that. They all live with their mothers and have no social lives. Pitiful losers.

At this point I remind cheap_ipods22 that I live with my mother, use Linux, and have no substantial social life and am not a loser.

9. If there was one thing you could tell all new Ubuntu users, what would it be?
Stop knocking on my door before I call the cops.!

The first response was a generic link to the spam site, which had to be removed to keep in line with forum policy.

Perfect Storm
September 6th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Brilliant, LaRoza!!!

-grubby
September 6th, 2008, 06:44 AM
<snip>

LOL, thanks for writing that

ubuntu27
September 6th, 2008, 06:51 AM
cheap_ipods22, sometimes known as scum, imbecile, idiot, and some things I can't wrote, is a forum spammer, an bivalve fan (to the extreme), a member of the UN. .

Wait! By UN, do you mean United Nations? Heworks at the UN and is a spammer?

LaRoza
September 6th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Brilliant, LaRoza!!!
Thanks. :-)

LOL, thanks for writing that
I would like to point out it is supposed to be funny and the only real "bias" of mine is the UN bit (I think they are less than functional). The atheist bit was only a setup for the "swear to God" line.

LaRoza
September 6th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Wait! By UN, do you mean United Nations? Heworks at the UN and is a spammer?

Yes, the only productive member so to speak. At least he does something.

Canis familiaris
September 6th, 2008, 06:55 AM
What did you mean by Bivalve?

LaRoza
September 6th, 2008, 07:33 AM
What did you mean by Bivalve?
It is a type of mollusc, like a clam. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bivalvia

It is supposed to be the weirdest fetish (that I could come up with).

lukjad
September 6th, 2008, 11:22 AM
That made my day. Thanks LaRoza.

-grubby
September 6th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I would like to point out it is supposed to be funny and the only real "bias" of mine is the UN bit (I think they are less than functional). The atheist bit was only a setup for the "swear to God" line.

Well, I changed my mind ;)

hufferd
September 8th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Cool idea

drubin
September 8th, 2008, 07:55 PM
It is supposed to be the weirdest fetish (that I could come up with).

Find that hard to belive. You came up with an interview with a spammer.... hehe Made my day.

perlluver
September 12th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Well, now I want an interview. I didn't know this happened. But seriously, I am very interested in this.

Canis familiaris
September 12th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Well, now I want an interview. I didn't know this happened. But seriously, I am very interested in this.

You want to read an interview or give an interview?
We could take yours if you wish.:)

perlluver
September 12th, 2008, 05:07 PM
I would like to give an interview.

LaRoza
September 12th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I would like to give an interview.

When Matthew gets everything sorted out, he'll resume them as normal.

He'll see this and probably add you to the list (but it would take a while, as the list is pretty long so far)

pp.
September 12th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I nominate chucky.

PLEASE GIVE US CHUCKY

lukjad
September 12th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Chucky Cheese?

perlluver
September 13th, 2008, 12:50 AM
When Matthew gets everything sorted out, he'll resume them as normal.

He'll see this and probably add you to the list (but it would take a while, as the list is pretty long so far)

No problem LaRoza, I am a patient man.

matthew
September 23rd, 2008, 04:49 AM
I'm not quite settled in after my move, but I am getting close. In celebration of my return to Arizona, I have interviewed one of the leaders of the Arizona LoCo Team, John Crawford.

Enjoy!

http://matthewhelmke.net/wordpress/2008/09/22/an-interview-with-john-crawford/

LaRoza
September 23rd, 2008, 08:04 PM
I'm not quite settled in after my move, but I am getting close. In celebration of my return to Arizona, I have interviewed one of the leaders of the Arizona LoCo Team, John Crawford.

Enjoy!

http://matthewhelmke.net/wordpress/2008/09/22/an-interview-with-john-crawford/

Interesting interview.

Did you send the thank you email?

matthew
September 23rd, 2008, 08:44 PM
I did send John a thank you and a heads up that it was published. :)

LaRoza
September 23rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
I did send John a thank you and a heads up that it was published. :)

It was a reference to him hating emails. :-)

Dr Small
September 23rd, 2008, 10:28 PM
It was a reference to him hating emails. :-)
I don't see how anyone could hate emails, like he does. I mean, come on... Email was the fundamental basis for the internet. I myself am subscribed to at least 9 mailing lists, at current.

LaRoza
September 23rd, 2008, 10:54 PM
I don't see how anyone could hate emails, like he does. I mean, come on... Email was the fundamental basis for the internet. I myself am subscribed to at least 9 mailing lists, at current.

Freak.

I have 10 email addresses though...

email isn't the basis for the internet (although it is a big part). A series of tubes is.

lukjad
September 23rd, 2008, 11:14 PM
I have a gmail account but only check it once in a while. I don't understand why people expect immediate answers from something that is not in my house.

LaRoza
September 23rd, 2008, 11:16 PM
I have a gmail account but only check it once in a while. I don't understand why people expect immediate answers from something that is not in my house.

It depends on the expectations I think. I have a mail box in a post office. I check it once a week about because I don't expect much traffic. However, I check my email daily (sometimes several times) because I expect more.

lisati
September 23rd, 2008, 11:18 PM
Freak.

I haven't counted lately but I think I've had somewhere nearer 20 over few years, including a couple with "joke" names for razzing scammers and spammers. I won't repeat the joke names here as they might cause offense.

lukjad
September 23rd, 2008, 11:20 PM
I only check my e-mail when I think something may be comming in. I don't really have a list of people e-mailing me. I just know people who can't breath until they get a reply.

smartboyathome
September 23rd, 2008, 11:27 PM
I have 3 e-mails currently, one is my standard gmail email, one is my Maryan Linux dev email, and one is my school's email. Thank goodness for GMail allowing you to use several accounts in one interface, if I couldn't I don't know what I would do.

Anyway, back to the original topic, that was a nice interview. I go to my local LUG, and this reminds me of one of the members in it. :)

lisati
September 23rd, 2008, 11:38 PM
I only check my e-mail when I think something may be comming in. I don't really have a list of people e-mailing me. I just know people who can't breath until they get a reply.

Most of the email I currently receive is spam.....

lukjad
September 23rd, 2008, 11:41 PM
I know. I once had 5 real e-mails and 45 spam. :P

Dr Small
September 23rd, 2008, 11:42 PM
Freak.

email isn't the basis for the internet (although it is a big part). A series of tubes is.
I was referring to, that email was the fundamental starting point of the internet and TCP/IP protocol.

Canis familiaris
September 24th, 2008, 02:34 PM

In my case I use Opera and Opera Mail. So I read the E-Mail immediately when I recieve it... :)

Lord DarkPat
October 4th, 2008, 07:10 AM
I think I deserve to be interviewed :P

Joeb454
October 4th, 2008, 06:05 PM
I think I deserve to be interviewed :P

I don't :twisted:

smartboyathome
October 4th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I think fuscia chucky should be interviewed. That would be an interesting one. :)

Canis familiaris
October 4th, 2008, 06:32 PM
I think fuscia chucky should be interviewed. That would be an interesting one. :)

+1 for chucky

LaRoza
October 4th, 2008, 09:33 PM
+1 for chucky

pp.
October 4th, 2008, 10:04 PM
+1 for chucky

+1

lukjad
October 4th, 2008, 10:08 PM
And -10 for Anuraga_panada in all his incarnations.

chucky chuckaluck
October 5th, 2008, 01:19 AM

i agree. i'd probably just lie my asterisks off.

pp.
October 5th, 2008, 08:19 AM
i agree. i'd probably just lie my asterisks off.

I would not mind that at all. You could declare it to be a novelette and put it under the Creative License.

chucky chuckaluck
October 5th, 2008, 08:57 AM
I would not mind that at all. You could declare it to be a novelette and put it under the Creative License.

i was thinking more along the lines of an 'epic poem'. you know, as if homer himself had taken my dictation.

pp.
October 5th, 2008, 09:00 AM
i was thinking more along the lines of an 'epic poem'. you know, as if homer himself had taken my dictation.

Now you surprise me. Didn't you mean to say 'like that time when'?

chucky chuckaluck
October 5th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Now you surprise me. Didn't you mean to say 'like that time when'?

just trying to stay humble, my friend.

Canis familiaris
October 5th, 2008, 10:09 AM
And -10 for Anuraga_panada in all his incarnations.

-100 for /me

Lord DarkPat
October 5th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I say +100 to Anurag_panda's mom....
(Are mom jokes allowed?)

LaRoza
October 5th, 2008, 03:49 PM
(Are mom jokes allowed?)

No. This isn't that type of forum mamu.

lukjad
October 5th, 2008, 04:44 PM
No. This isn't that type of forum mamu.
Is this some obscure reference to the Mario Brothers or an African People?

LaRoza
October 5th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Is this some obscure reference to the Mario Brothers or an African People?

No, to Mumbai slang of which Lord DarkPat is familiar.

lukjad
October 5th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Wikipedia is fallible! :shock:

Canis familiaris
October 5th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Wikipedia is fallible! :shock:

Not fallible but disambiguation.

No, to Mumbai slang of which Lord DarkPat is familiar.
Don't be so sure about it. Not all Indians know Hindi..

LaRoza
October 5th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Don't be so sure about it. Not all Indians know Hindi..

I do my best to speak Hindi on IRC, and Lord DarkPat has been most helpful and he is a fan of the movies as well.

Canis familiaris
October 5th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I do my best to speak Hindi on IRC, and Lord DarkPat has been most helpful and he is a fan of the movies as well.

Oh...I see...

matthew
October 9th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Did you know that we have several staff who have not yet been interviewed? For some, that is by choice. Then, there are others who we are still hoping to add to the list. Today, we get to fill one gap in the list.

Enjoy the interview with Joeb454 (http://matthewhelmke.net/wordpress/2008/10/09/an-interview-with-joeb454/).

Canis familiaris
October 9th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Nice to hear from the good old joeb454 ahem...d0rg (Joe Barker) (from launchpad profile launchpad.net/~joeb454

Joeb454
October 9th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I found the secret message anurag.

You'll find you could've just looked at the screenshot. Which also shows the name of my wireless network ;)

Canis familiaris
October 9th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I found the secret message anurag.

You'll find you could've just looked at the screenshot. Which also shows the name of my wireless network ;)

I actually saw that after posting.

Once I got bored, and browsed launchpad randomly. I just did
launchpad.net/~<forum username> of a lot of users I knew and surprise, surprise most of them existed and corresponded to the actual users here at UF.

FuturePilot
October 10th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Great interview! :)

Joeb454
October 11th, 2008, 12:46 AM

schauerlich
October 11th, 2008, 07:34 AM

I wouldn't call it great. I mean, Joe<tab> wrote it. That makes it mediocre at best.

kevdog
October 11th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I would kind of like it once if one of the people mentioned stated that in the future they would like Ubuntu growth to do something else than become more popular. I'm only saying this b/c it seems all the answers are about the same. I'd like to hear a different answer or just drop the question entirely since the answer is obvious.

matthew
October 11th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I would kind of like it once if one of the people mentioned stated that in the future they would like Ubuntu growth to do something else than become more popular. I'm only saying this b/c it seems all the answers are about the same. I'd like to hear a different answer or just drop the question entirely since the answer is obvious.
Aw, c'mon. Everyone wants world peace. ;) :lolflag:

LaRoza
October 11th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Aw, c'mon. Everyone wants world peace. ;)

Not me. World peace, to me, is the end of the world or some sort of robotic take over like the Matrix (which violates a fundamental rule of the universe)

Joeb454
October 11th, 2008, 06:13 PM

I'd like Ubuntu to DIE IN A FIRE HORRIBLY!!1!!11!!!!!!:twisted:

Better?

Canis familiaris
October 11th, 2008, 06:15 PM

Better?

Yes of course. I for one would welcome the death of humanity along with humans so that the dogs take control of this world. :evil:

chucky chuckaluck
October 11th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Aw, c'mon. Everyone wants world peace. ;) :lolflag:

not everyone...

matthew
October 11th, 2008, 06:27 PM
not everyone...Okay, whirled peas are good for the rest. :)

lukjad
October 11th, 2008, 10:46 PM

Better?
FINALLY! The truth!

p_quarles
October 11th, 2008, 11:33 PM
FINALLY! The truth!
Turns out, I can't handle the truth. :(

kevdog
October 12th, 2008, 12:29 AM
How about:

I'd really like Ubuntu to solidify its GUI and make it consistent between programs (such as Gimp) before growing larger and appealing to a mass audience.

Something like that! I'm not really being negative here, however it seems very obvious that regular contributors to the forums actually take a keen interest in Ubuntu, these are the members who are interviewed, and its obvious based on their time they have contributed to the project they would want to promote Ubuntu and see it prosper. Some objectivity beyond -- I'd really like it to grow and become very popular -- would also be candid and I think would actually serve to promote the goal of "world wide dominance" since it would expose areas that could be corrected and improved and act as a means to achieve this goal.

Joeb454
October 12th, 2008, 08:47 PM
I'll be honest kevdog - I had no idea what to write :p

kevdog
October 12th, 2008, 11:04 PM
joeb

That was a very good and honest interview. I'm really glad that made you a staff member. Your answer about that you were not sure what to write just confirms my opinion that you are more than ready to become forum staff.

Keep up the excellent work.

Joeb454
October 12th, 2008, 11:09 PM
joeb

That was a very good and honest interview. I'm really glad that made you a staff member. Your answer about that you were not sure what to write just confirms my opinion that you are more than ready to become forum staff.

Keep up the excellent work.

Thanks a lot :)

Canis familiaris
October 13th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Thanks a lot :)

Now too much sweetness in this thread...
Let me inject flame into this thread now...

<insert random flambait comment />

:twisted:

lukjad
October 13th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Good Idea!
<insert another random flambait comment />

Joeb454
October 13th, 2008, 03:46 PM
sudo killall -9 flamebait

Canis familiaris
October 13th, 2008, 04:01 PM
sudo killall -9 flamebait

Output:

killall: Could not kill the flaimbait. exited...

lukjad
October 13th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Resuming flamebaiting...

Joeb454
October 13th, 2008, 05:32 PM
sudo apt-get purge flamebait
sudo apt-get install akismet

Canis familiaris
October 13th, 2008, 05:52 PM
sudo apt-get purge flamebait
sudo apt-get install akismet

/me thanks joeb454 for this useful post.

EDIT: Huh?

anurag@amita-pc:~$ sudo apt-get purge flamebait
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package flamebait
anurag@amita-pc:~$ sudo apt-get install akismet
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package akismet

lukjad
October 13th, 2008, 05:53 PM
WARNING:Flamebait containment breach on deck seven...
Attempting to block seal off deck seven...
Failure to contain...
Purge commands disabled...
All decks in danger of flamebait...
Evacuating lower deck first...
Deck nine of nine evacuated...
Deck eight of nine evacuated...
Deck seven of nine...
evacuation failed...
Deck six of nine evacuated...
Deck five of nine evacuated...
Deck four of nine evacuated...
Deck three of nine evacuated...
Deck two of nine evacuated...
Deck one of nine evacuated...

chucky chuckaluck
October 13th, 2008, 07:18 PM
"oh look, it eez dee flame war of dee dorks. who will be left standing when mom gets home from work?"
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i73/keelyandlou/566744_356x237.jpg

lukjad
October 13th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Do you want to join chucky chuckaluck?

chucky chuckaluck
October 16th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Do you want to join chucky chuckaluck?

my humblest apologies for not getting back to you sooner, my friend. i'd be delighted...kind of looks like i won, though. thanks for the invite.

lukjad
October 17th, 2008, 12:38 AM
It's never too late.

chucky chuckaluck
October 17th, 2008, 02:42 AM
It's never too late.

yup, it's not like anyone of us are going anywhere.

lukjad
October 17th, 2008, 02:20 PM
True, true. ;)

ashmew2
October 30th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Interviewing Ubuntu Forum Members is a great and innovative idea :D

Way to Go K.Mandle :guitar:

matthew
November 13th, 2008, 03:42 PM
One of our very active members in the Cafe is nathangrubb (http://matthewhelmke.net/wordpress/2008/11/13/an-interview-with-nathan-grubb/). It is also his turn to introduce himself more fully to the community.

smartboyathome
November 13th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Congrats Nathangrubb on a good interview! :D

Joeb454
November 13th, 2008, 08:02 PM
/me notes down nathangrubb's name and address.

:) Nice interview

Dr Small
November 13th, 2008, 08:10 PM
One of our very active members in the Cafe is nathangrubb (http://matthewhelmke.net/wordpress/2008/11/13/an-interview-with-nathan-grubb/). It is also his turn to introduce himself more fully to the community.
Congrats to nathangrubb!

bapoumba
November 13th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Nice reading, thanks to both of you :KS

matthew
November 26th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Our newest interviewee has a forum account, but spends the overwhelming majority of his time in other parts of the Ubuntu community. Enjoy!

http://matthewhelmke.net/wordpress/2008/11/26/an-interview-with-nicolas-valcarcel/

OrangeCrate
November 26th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Our newest interviewee has a forum account, but spends the overwhelming majority of his time in other parts of the Ubuntu community. Enjoy!

http://matthewhelmke.net/wordpress/2008/11/26/an-interview-with-nicolas-valcarcel/

Thanks Matthew, I enjoy reading the interviews.

Very interesting.

:)

matthew
December 11th, 2008, 09:54 PM
It has been a while since we interviewed a staff member. This time around, I was privileged to interview vor (http://matthewhelmke.net/wordpress/2008/12/11/an-interview-with-vor/).

drubin
December 12th, 2008, 01:06 AM
It has been a while since we interviewed a staff member. This time around, I was privileged to interview vor (http://matthewhelmke.net/wordpress/2008/12/11/an-interview-with-vor/).

Nice well done vor, mathew.

Vor you forgot to mention !!!PERL

Dr Small
December 12th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Nice well done vor, mathew.

Vor you forgot to mention !!!PERL

My favorite tools are vim and perl.

Anyhow, I see that vor is wise, and uses Vim :)

drubin
December 12th, 2008, 08:59 AM

flame bait :) emacs....... maybe even notepad.exe

smartboyathome
December 12th, 2008, 08:49 PM

Vim sux, yo. Nano FTW!

Oh, wait... wrong thread, sorry. :p

Anyway, nice interview vor. Thanks for continuing to provide them matthew.

matthew
January 26th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I took a break for the new year. Now that things have settled down a bit, enjoy our next installment: http://matthewhelmke.net/2009/01/26/an-interview-with-partyboi2/

perlluver
January 26th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Still waiting patiently for my Interview, I know it might take you a while, but wanted to make sure you hadn't forgotten.

matthew
February 26th, 2009, 06:33 PM
It's that time again. This time around we have the privilege of learning about Michael.Godawski. Thanks, Michael!

http://matthewhelmke.net/2009/02/26/an-interview-with-michaelgodawski/

wieman01
February 28th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Nice read! Used to live in Duesseldorf as well, never quite liked the city but I have learned to miss it dearly.

matthew
March 15th, 2009, 04:55 AM
We have a forum staffer this time around, Rocket2DMn.

http://matthewhelmke.net/2009/03/14/an-interview-with-rocket2dmn/

lukjad
March 16th, 2009, 11:46 AM
This has to be my all-time favourate interview. Thanks!

matthew
April 15th, 2009, 07:29 PM
We had a volunteer to be interviewed this time around. Enjoy!

http://matthewhelmke.net/2009/04/15/an-interview-with-codename/

SomeGuyDude
April 15th, 2009, 07:34 PM
I await the thrilling SGD interview. I hear that dude's a character.

matthew
May 21st, 2009, 03:25 PM
I hope everyone enjoys this interview with one of our newer staff members, tinivole.

http://matthewhelmke.net/2009/05/21/an-interview-with-tinivole/

drubin
May 21st, 2009, 03:37 PM
I hope everyone enjoys this interview with one of our newer staff members, tinivole.

http://matthewhelmke.net/2009/05/21/an-interview-with-tinivole/

Great one. PERL!!!!!!!!!!!

ps Denny Crane!
pps I take no responsibility for my actions here to day and blame Denny Crane

lukjad
May 23rd, 2009, 03:54 PM
PYTHON! Still, nice interview ibuclaw. ;)

matthew
July 8th, 2009, 10:42 PM
He's been here since the beginning, but it took a while for us to nab an interview. Presenting, panickedthumb.

http://matthewhelmke.net/2009/07/08/an-interview-with-travis-newman/

lukjad
July 11th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Nice interview! I must say I always loved his avatar. :D

toupeiro
July 11th, 2009, 07:10 PM
This has always been a really cool thread. Been a while since I've seen it. :popcorn:

matthew
August 13th, 2009, 12:18 AM
This has been a lot of fun for me, but I'm realizing that real life is keeping me a lot busier than it used to and I don't have time to do the interview process justice as I would like. There is good news, though. The series won't end, it is just moving to a new home. Joeb454 will post soon as the new interviewer. The new interviews will be hosted on his blog and he will post a link soon.

Thanks, Joeb454! and a big thank you to all who have participated in the process thus far, both under K.Mandla's leadership and mine.

Joeb454
August 13th, 2009, 12:46 AM
As matthew said I'd post I link - I figure I probably should.

http://blog.joeb454.com/2009/08/ubuntu-community-interviews/

I already have 1 interview in the pipeline, so that should appear in roughly a weeks time, at which point I will post back here :)

So I'd like to close by a big thankyou to matthew for letting me carry on the project - and I look forward to the interviews :)

schauerlich
August 13th, 2009, 12:50 AM
I nominate ViperChief (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=735623)

Partyboi2
August 13th, 2009, 09:45 AM
This has been a lot of fun for me, but I'm realizing that real life is keeping me a lot busier than it used to and I don't have time to do the interview process justice as I would like. There is good news, though. The series won't end, it is just moving to a new home. Joeb454 will post soon as the new interviewer. The new interviews will be hosted on his blog and he will post a link soon.

Thanks, Joeb454! and a big thank you to all who have participated in the process thus far, both under K.Mandla's leadership and mine.
Thanks Matthew for all your time and effect. :)

KiwiNZ
August 13th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I nominate ViperChief (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=735623)

That would be ummm interesting :P

toupeiro
August 13th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I think an interview with Chucky would be a good read. He/she is by far one of the most quotable posters I can think of. :) :popcorn:

KiwiNZ
August 13th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I think an interview with Chucky would be a good read. He/she is by far one of the most quotable posters I can think of. :) :popcorn:

Agreed

Joeb454
August 30th, 2009, 07:42 PM
The next (or first in my case) interview, is with pleia2 - enjoy!

http://blog.joeb454.com/2009/08/an-interview-with-pleia2/

lukjad
August 31st, 2009, 11:54 PM
The next (or first in my case) interview, is with pleia2 - enjoy!

http://blog.joeb454.com/2009/08/an-interview-with-pleia2/
Very nice :)

Joeb454
September 11th, 2009, 10:59 PM
This week we have nhandler (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=148906)'s interview - enjoy!

http://blog.joeb454.com/2009/09/an-interview-with-nhandler/

schauerlich
September 12th, 2009, 03:26 AM
This week we have nhandler (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=148906)'s interview - enjoy!

Where's my interview, Joe?

lukjad
September 12th, 2009, 11:53 AM

Nice interview! Keep it up. :D

Joeb454
October 9th, 2009, 08:19 PM
It's been a while since I've posted one of these, so this week we have one of our newer staff additions, cariboo907.

http://blog.joeb454.com/2009/10/an-interview-with-cariboo907/

Enjoy! :)

Joeb454
October 18th, 2009, 10:47 PM
This week, we have somebody I'm hoping most of you will know in one way or another...Benjamin Mako Hill.

http://blog.joeb454.com/2009/10/an-interview-with-mako/

lukjad
October 19th, 2009, 06:49 PM
These interviews are really interesting, I'm find it to be a fantastic opportunity to catch a glimpse of the person on the other side of the screen.

Joeb454
October 28th, 2009, 12:35 AM
These interviews are really interesting, I'm find it to be a fantastic opportunity to catch a glimpse of the person on the other side of the screen.

Glad you're enjoying them :)

This week we have an interview with lisati :D

http://blog.joeb454.com/2009/10/an-interview-with-lisati/

coldReactive
October 28th, 2009, 02:39 AM
For those who don't want to interview me, for all I care you might not know who the heck I am. I did my own barrage of answers to the questions:

http://coldreactive.tumblr.com/post/225425675/ubuntu-interview

nevermind the purple, it's what I love.

Joeb454
November 20th, 2009, 12:25 AM
This time round (sorry for the delay, I didn't realise it'd been 3 weeks!) we have nixternal (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=112635). I hope you enjoy!

http://blog.joeb454.com/2009/11/an-interview-with-nixternal/

Joeb454
December 4th, 2009, 06:22 PM
It's that time again - we have dholbach this time :D

http://blog.joeb454.com/2009/12/an-interview-with-daniel-holbach/

Joeb454
December 23rd, 2009, 01:20 AM
This time round we have a lesser known member of the community, but who does more than many within Ubuntu - Paultag

http://blog.joeb454.com/2009/12/an-interview-with-paultag/

starcraft.man
December 23rd, 2009, 05:57 AM
This time round we have a lesser known member of the community, but who does more than many within Ubuntu - Paultag

http://blog.joeb454.com/2009/12/an-interview-with-paultag/

Awesome, paultag is the man. I give the interview a zerg thumb up, that I just picked up from the battlefield. It uh..... well rest ain't exactly there.

Joeb454
February 9th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I'm sure you know this guy :) http://blog.joeb454.com/2010/02/an-interview-with-jono/

s.fox
February 22nd, 2011, 08:50 PM
BUMP!

I am reviving the series as Joeb454 (http://blog.joeb454.com/2011/02/moving-on/) no longer has time to do them. Thank you for your wonderful work on the interviews Joeb454.

Here is an update since the last post in this thread:

s.fox (http://blog.joeb454.com/2010/07/an-interview-with-silver-fox/)
cprofitt (http://blog.joeb454.com/2010/11/an-interview-with-cprofitt/)
zkriesse (http://blog.joeb454.com/2010/11/an-interview-with-zkriesse/)
System76 / Carl Richell (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2011/02/an-interview-with-system76-cofounder-carl-richell/)

Without putting myself on a schedule I am looking to post a new interview once per month. I will make the announcement here, but the interview will also appear on planet ubuntu. The next new interview is due tomorrow.

As always, suggestions for people who you would like interviewed are welcomed. Please post suggestions in this thread. All nominations will be given serious consideration. Thank you :)

s.fox
February 23rd, 2011, 11:37 AM
As promised here is the next interview.

Hopefully some will recognise the name...

Jane Silber (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2011/02/an-interview-with-jane-silber/)

Rubi1200
February 23rd, 2011, 03:16 PM
Hi and thanks for continuing this very interesting spotlight on people involved with Ubuntu.

Here are the names of some people I would like to nominate:

uRock (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1018339)

drs305 (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=223945)

oldfred (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=852711)

kansasnoob (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=554595)

wilee-nilee (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=906928)

Apologies if there are those on the list who have already been interviewed previously.

Thanks.

EDIT: last minute addition

CharlesA (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=923868)

s.fox
March 20th, 2011, 08:00 PM
CharlesA (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2011/03/an-interview-with-charlesa/) is up :D Enjoy

I would welcome anymore suggestions people have to make.

kevdog
March 22nd, 2011, 05:26 AM
Man I've got problems. Those people nominated -- never heard of them. Oh well

Joeb454
March 22nd, 2011, 10:41 AM

I happen to know there's at least one person coming up you should've heard of (not me)

NightwishFan
March 22nd, 2011, 11:29 AM
Ah cool, I forgot about these, I will read up on a few. :)

Rubi1200
March 22nd, 2011, 04:45 PM
CharlesA (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2011/03/an-interview-with-charlesa/) is up :D Enjoy

I would welcome anymore suggestions people have to make.
Thanks s.fox and, of course, CharlesA.

ubuntu27
March 22nd, 2011, 06:21 PM
Oooh~ The interviews are back! I think I know Charles from somewhere, I get the feeling that he was interviewed twice ><:
Or maybe his name stands-out. :popcorn:

Did you heard of me? :P

s.fox
March 23rd, 2011, 12:35 AM

Perhaps you could make suggestions? :)

s.fox
April 1st, 2011, 01:29 AM
Resident Troll (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=324421) threatened to eat me if I didn't give him one. Here (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2011/04/an-interview-with-resident-troll/) it is.

matthew
April 1st, 2011, 01:34 AM
Resident Troll (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=324421) threatened to eat me if I didn't give him one. Here (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2011/04/an-interview-with-resident-troll/) it is.

He drinks tiger blood and was born with Adonis DNA.

Resident Troll
April 1st, 2011, 01:40 AM
He drinks tiger blood and was born with Adonis DNA.

Duh, winning

gnomeuser
April 1st, 2011, 01:44 AM
zekopeko (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=134656), the world needs more of brother Z, specifically it needs it in the form of interviews.

Rubi1200
April 17th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I really hope this thread won't die out. It is a great way to learn more about fellow forum users and how/why they came to be here.

I nominate bcbc (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=946783) for an interview for all his hard work on behalf of Wubi users.

s.fox
April 26th, 2011, 11:14 PM
starcraft.man (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=250927) has an interview (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2011/04/an-interview-with-starcraft-man/) :D

Please do keep the suggestions coming in, I will do my best to get in contact with whoever you request. :KS

NightwishFan
April 26th, 2011, 11:15 PM
starcraft.man (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=250927) has an interview (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2011/04/an-interview-with-starcraft-man/) :D

Please do keep the suggestions coming in, I will do my best to get in contact with whoever you request. :KS

Thanks s.fox! :)

s.fox
May 20th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Matthew East has agreed to be interviewed - Link (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2011/05/an-interview-with-matthew-east/):)

s.fox
June 16th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Alan Bell (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2011/06/an-interview-with-alan-bell/), the UK Loco Team (http://ubuntu-uk.org/) Leader agreed to be interviewed :smile:

s.fox
August 1st, 2011, 09:25 PM
New interview with Em is up :)

Link (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2011/08/an-interview-with-em/)

Does anyone have any suggestions for future interviews?

s.fox
August 24th, 2011, 09:38 PM
New interview is online, from the forum (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=739457) I give you Ubudog (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2011/08/an-interview-with-ubudog/)

Enjoy :)

sffvba[e0rt
August 24th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Cool, I always enjoy getting to know the peeps a bit better :)

s.fox
October 5th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Rubi1200 (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1040746) has agreed to do an interview (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2011/10/an-interview-with-rubi1200/) :)

CharlesA
October 5th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Rubi1200 (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1040746) has agreed to do an interview (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2011/10/an-interview-with-rubi1200/) :)
Yay!

sffvba[e0rt
October 5th, 2011, 04:57 PM
:guitar:

s.fox
January 14th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Quackers (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=369240) has given an interview (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2012/01/an-interview-with-quackers/). Enjoy

sffvba[e0rt
January 14th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Quackers (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=369240) has given an interview (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2012/01/an-interview-with-quackers/). Enjoy

:guitar:

Rubi1200
January 15th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Nice one! Thanks for sharing :-)

s.fox
February 24th, 2012, 02:07 PM
The newest member of Canonical Community Team has given an interview. I give you Balloons (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2012/02/an-interview-with-balloons/) :smile:

CharlesA
February 24th, 2012, 06:59 PM
The newest member of Canonical Community Team has given an interview. I give you Balloons (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2012/02/an-interview-with-balloons/) :smile:
Good read!

s.fox
March 21st, 2012, 01:03 PM
lovinglinux (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=649167) has given an interview. Read more here (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2012/03/an-interview-with-lovinglinux/)

CharlesA
March 21st, 2012, 06:47 PM
Sweet!

s.fox
March 23rd, 2012, 12:20 AM
If any members of the forums community would like to participate then please do send me a pm expressing interest.

Thanks to all the participants so far :-)

s.fox
April 26th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Coffeecat has chosen to do an interview. Read more here (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2012/04/an-interview-with-coffeecat/) :)

s.fox
May 21st, 2012, 10:45 AM
Nothingspecial (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=491516) has completed an interview (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2012/05/an-interview-with-nothingspecial/) :)

If you or anyone you know would make a "good" candidate please do pm me, Thank you :)

CharlesA
May 21st, 2012, 02:51 PM
Nothingspecial (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=491516) has completed an interview (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2012/05/an-interview-with-nothingspecial/) :)

If you or anyone you know would make a "good" candidate please do pm me, Thank you :)
\o/

Awesome interview.

nothingspecial
May 22nd, 2012, 09:40 PM
Thanks CharlesA :)

chamber
May 22nd, 2012, 09:58 PM

One of the best I've read.

s.fox
August 7th, 2012, 09:24 AM
My fellow Ubuntu Membership Board Member (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/Boards/SittingMembers) Idleone has agreed to give an interview. Read here (http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2012/08/an-interview-with-idleone) :)