PDA

View Full Version : Computer Communication Report.. Topic?

hellmet
September 24th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Sorry for starting another 'Help me' thread, but, I really need help on this one. I'm supposed to select and get a topic approved for a report related to Computer Communication Networks by Tuesday. I managed to get a few topics, but most of them , I've never dealt with them. Just heard of 'em.

I'd be reaally happy if you guys could suggest a few topics for a report on this subject. Thanks!!

zanglang
September 24th, 2007, 09:01 AM
That depends... what kind of topics does your course cover? If it's just an introduction to Communications without covering advanced concepts, just pick any networking-related technology out there ("A report on <802.11x/Bluetooth/P2P/mobile phone networks/some internet security issue such as spam>") that you might have heard of, and would be interested to investigate more about.

hellmet
September 25th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Its a li'l more advanced. Its Grad-stuff, so I might want to select topics likewise.

zanglang
September 25th, 2007, 04:07 AM
Then that should be easier to find topics. ;) Browse through the IEEE journals for recent conferences and publications, and pick a paper you find interesting. Here's a list of topics my classmates recently did for our security course which are related to communications, for example:
- Gnutella protocol
- GSM hacking
- Online bank transaction protection
- Advances in mobile IP
- Wireless mesh networking
- Zigbee
- RFID

hellmet
September 25th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Thanks a bunch for the topics...
Was wondering if a report on 'torrents technologies' be fine?