PDA

View Full Version : Ikea

perce
September 24th, 2007, 05:38 AM
People say Linux is hard, but have they ever tried assembling furnitures from IKEA? I'm getting crazy! (*,)

Chilli Bob
September 24th, 2007, 06:02 AM
What's so hard about Ikea furniture??? It goes together in seconds. (And if it's the Gorm, falls apart just as quick)

Haruhara
September 24th, 2007, 01:59 PM
It goes together easily enough... if it comes with the required hardware!

My malm bed came with no screws, nuts etc. When I went to customer service to request it, they gave me the wrong hardware. It took over 5 hours to assemble the darn thing because of all the trips to (and linups at) the store.

I really like the bed though.

plun
September 24th, 2007, 02:05 PM
People say Linux is hard, but have they ever tried assembling furnitures from IKEA? I'm getting crazy! (*,)

Hehe :)

I am from IKEAa land... Sweden

Buy yourself an electrical screwdriver... saves a lot of time.

And *snip* as you americans says..

:)

ynnhoj
September 24th, 2007, 03:17 PM
i sort of like assembling ikea furniture; i should put an ad in the classifieds offering to assemble ikea furniture for a small price :)

i can imagine how frustrating it would be if the necessary nuts/bolts/etc weren't included, though. fortunately, i've never had that happen to me.

n3tfury
September 24th, 2007, 03:45 PM
It goes together easily enough... if it comes with the required hardware!

My malm bed came with no screws, nuts etc. When I went to customer service to request it, they gave me the wrong hardware. It took over 5 hours to assemble the darn thing because of all the trips to (and linups at) the store.

I really like the bed though.

malm beds are hot

Lux Perpetua
September 25th, 2007, 12:12 AM
People say Linux is hard, but have they ever tried assembling furnitures from IKEA? I'm getting crazy! (*,)I assembled all the furniture in my apartment from Ikea. There were only a few mishaps: Ikea delivering the wrong mattress, one of the sets having a busted screw, and the knob on a glass sliding door coming off. It was also an opportunity to stock my toolbox (yes, I will need all of this stuff!), and in reattaching the knob to the glass door, I got to learn about epoxy. All in all, it was a good experience.

iPower
September 25th, 2007, 12:24 AM
i have no problems with ikea furniture

%hMa@?b<C
September 25th, 2007, 01:18 AM
my only ikea furnature is my folding chair "Folding Chair Jeff" I got it because it is my name :) (no assembly required too!)

RAV TUX
September 25th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Ikea has great meat balls!

malm beds are hot

It's very bad Feng Shui (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_Shui) to have drawers under the bed.

Sporkman
September 25th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Ikea furniture is not so hard to assemble. :?

mrreality13
September 25th, 2007, 01:36 AM
i sort of like assembling ikea furniture; i should put an ad in the classifieds offering to assemble ikea furniture for a small price :)

i can imagine how frustrating it would be if the necessary nuts/bolts/etc weren't included, though. fortunately, i've never had that happen to me.

you are nutz---lol te he tehe i hate it

iPower
September 26th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Ikea has great meat balls!

It's very bad Feng Shui (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_Shui) to have drawers under the bed.

did you have to assemble them ? :D

hessiess
September 26th, 2007, 06:44 PM
get propper furniture, not trash. good furniture dus not come in peces, it uses propper joints(mortice and tennon/housing/dove tail etc) or weldid metal

viergeame
September 27th, 2007, 12:50 AM
I wish there was an Ikea close to me, the nearest one is over 2 hours away. I have problems putting furniture together too. It's weird, give me a box of random junk computer parts and I can have a working system in an hour or so depending on the os, but a chair in four pieces with instructions will take me all day.

perce
September 27th, 2007, 01:44 AM
get propper furniture, not trash. good furniture dus not come in peces, it uses propper joints(mortice and tennon/housing/dove tail etc) or weldid metal

Not if you already now you're going to move away in two-three years.

Anyway, it's hard to believe that this useless thread - which I opened out of frustration when I assembled four chairs, and all four were limp - has already two pages!
and now I start to understand how newbies feel, when they post that Ubuntu is too difficult and nothing works for them, and we answer that it's easy and everything works for us ;)